Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

A new safety video with new admonitions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A new safety video with new admonitions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by BearX220
I don't know about D1 seats specifically, but on other carriers (UA comes to mind) there are plenty of reports of personal devices falling down into the business class seat innards and getting lost for good. Irrecoverable short of dismantling the whole seat on the spot. Seems like serious design flaw.
Also one of the more stressful aspects of flying in D1 with kids! I've had a couple of close calls with iPhones and other devices for that reason.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by jrl767
cute? that has to be about the last adjective I'd ever think to apply to a safety video
I thought the little girl putting her carry-on under the seat was cute.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by C W
Very happy to finally have something in the safety video about leaving belongings in an emergency evacuations.

I have long thought that those who violate that order should be prosecuted and jailed for endangering the lives of everybody else on the plane.
It was mentioned in the last safety video about leaving all carry-on items behind in the event of an emergency.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Why would it not sit well with pilots? More potential customers (coming from more connections/carriers) leads to more flights...which leads to more jobs. (Pax) Airplanes don't fly themselves (yet).
Widebody jobs pay about 30% more than narrowbody jobs. For example, the 747/777/350 top out at $330 an hour. The A321/739 top out at $267. Smaller narrowbodies pay less, down to the 717 at $239. So, in other words, when the big planes go away, pilot earning potential is decreased substantially.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
cute? that has to be about the last adjective I'd ever think to apply to a safety video
Really? Many here thought Deltalina was cute, including the finger wag as she said "smoking is NOT allowed...."
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
The AF video talks about losing phones....I thought it was strange to include that
Why strange? I think it's quite reasonable
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Widebody jobs pay about 30% more than narrowbody jobs. For example, the 747/777/350 top out at $330 an hour. The A321/739 top out at $267. Smaller narrowbodies pay less, down to the 717 at $239. So, in other words, when the big planes go away, pilot earning potential is decreased substantially.
Who said the "big planes" are going away??? They aren't going to fly 717's across the Atlantic/Pacific or to most places in S. America.

Take CDG as an example. DL would have far fewer flights there if they didn't have the connection opportunities on AF. Same at pretty much any other partner hub or gateway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.