JFK-ATH suspended

Old Sep 18, 17, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
Nope, even though they are introducing an improved J seat on the 777, it will still be 2-3-2:

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2016/0...business-seat/
That's awful. Wouldn't even call it improved. Might be lay flat, but very tight pitch means very short. Luckily I only have to fly them in F.
Old Sep 20, 17, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Hilton, SPG, National
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta View Post
Actually the flight restarts Apr 16 2018, about 3 weeks later than originally planned (end of March 2018).
AHH - I was booked on JFK-ATH flight on 12 April. They called my traveling companions to say they needed to rebook them but did not call me. They just rebooked through CDG on AF.

I need to call and straighten it out. Anyone have any suggestions for best routing to ATH? I'm on an award but can probably get the flights I want. Not sure best way to make the flight over.
Old Sep 20, 17, 10:09 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by paterwdb View Post
AHH - I was booked on JFK-ATH flight on 12 April. They called my traveling companions to say they needed to rebook them but did not call me. They just rebooked through CDG on AF.

I need to call and straighten it out. Anyone have any suggestions for best routing to ATH? I'm on an award but can probably get the flights I want. Not sure best way to make the flight over.
Depends on what you're optimizing for. I like having a little extra time over the ocean to sleep and think the 330s are the best TATL plane, so I might fly JFK-DTW-AMS-ATH with DTW-AMS on DL.