Area Reset

Old Sep 18, 17, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Area Reset

Just witnessed a flight attendant on a 777 flight repeatedly tap the area reset button with maybe 10 seats on the list

... delta. Why are your flight attendants chatting in the back galley ignoring calls in the middle of the flight
ps. I'm in the first row of comfort plus
Old Sep 18, 17, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Recently flew LAX-JFK on daily A330 flight. FA Ignored the call buttons. I finally started pushing mine on and off to cause it to keep dinging. Finally after 20 minutes of waiting, and having 2 FA ignore me, someone came by. Only took two minutes of minutes constant dinging to get their attention. BTW this was in D1 and I wasnt the only one being ignored.
Old Sep 18, 17, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM
@flyerCO I have also experienced this... on that exact routing most recently :-/
Old Sep 18, 17, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta, United
Start sending in complaints folks ... https://www.delta.com/contactus/commentComplaint
DiverDave and hi55us like this.
Old Sep 18, 17, 10:28 am

Programs: DL PM, Amtrak & OAL peon, Blingy metal at most hotels, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
It's almost as if certain FAs enjoying making darn sure that Emirates ad is true.
Old Sep 18, 17, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Recently flew LAX-JFK on daily A330 flight. FA Ignored the call buttons. I finally started pushing mine on and off to cause it to keep dinging. Finally after 20 minutes of waiting, and having 2 FA ignore me, someone came by. Only took two minutes of minutes constant dinging to get their attention. BTW this was in D1 and I wasnt the only one being ignored.
This happened to me flying JFK-SEA once; was coming down with the flu and extremely feverish and wanted some water. Eventually (20+ min later) she said, "oh we're about to start drink service, we'll get you some then." Lucky I wasn't feeling well because I would have lost my marbles on her otherwise.
Old Sep 18, 17, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Report these "best in class" flight attendants.
Old Sep 18, 17, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by dmarge18 View Post
This happened to me flying JFK-SEA once; was coming down with the flu and extremely feverish and wanted some water. Eventually (20+ min later) she said, "oh we're about to start drink service, we'll get you some then." Lucky I wasn't feeling well because I would have lost my marbles on her otherwise.
It's amazing how hard it is to get a single water from them on this route!
Old Sep 18, 17, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Please report this, ideally with details of the time and descriptions of FAs who were refusing to do their jobs.
Old Sep 18, 17, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA 1K
This reminded me of this, which is dated two years ago but I only just recently read for the first time:

http://mikerowe.com/2015/09/seat2b/

so maybe they thought the button was stuck
Old Sep 18, 17, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar View Post
Start sending in complaints folks ... https://www.delta.com/contactus/commentComplaint
very good call. i just made the complaint.
Old Sep 18, 17, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

i first thought it was a fluke as when i pressed the button a minute later the light turned off. repeat 5 or 6 more times i got up and marched to the back galley. hid behind the rear bulkhead and just watched the vintage FA collect seats on her display and then press that AREA RESET like it was a whack a mole video game.

why do they even allow FAs to turn off a call button remotely anyways? there was a reason why the button was pressed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: