Not offering amenity advertised.

Old Sep 17, 17, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Not offering amenity advertised.

I know this may sound petty, but on almost every flight there is a mixture of blue coach blankets on some seats in the first class cabin. I see this weekly. Delta advertised Westin blankets in first class more than a year ago. Why can't they cater the flights properly? I have complained many times and they always say they will pass it along, but it never changes. Does anyone else find this annoying?
Old Sep 17, 17, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've seen it on DL Connection carriers, but the few blankets they had were the old red coach ones.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 17, 17 at 4:05 pm
Old Sep 17, 17, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by skier66 View Post
I know this may sound petty, but on almost every flight there is a mixture of blue coach blankets on some seats in the first class cabin. I see this weekly. Delta advertised Westin blankets in first class more than a year ago. Why can't they cater the flights properly? I have complained many times and they always say they will pass it along, but it never changes. Does anyone else find this annoying?
The blue or grey "blankets" you see ARE the relatively new Westin branded blankets. The red blankets that MSP references are the older version and those are not Westin branded.

Note that the blankets are listed as being available in first class. In main cabin, sometimes they appear on random seats, but they are not a definitive amenity like in first class (where it appears on every flight on every seat).

Thus, it seems you are seeing the amenity Delta promised, and whining for no reason. Here is their press release, where you can see the branding up close: http://news.delta.com/delta-launches...lass-customers

If you are referring to the white Westin DUVETS that are in Delta One, Delta never advertised duvets in domestic First Class. Only in Delta One. The thinner Westin-branded blankets are the standard in First Class.
Old Sep 17, 17, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by btonkid12345 View Post
The blue or grey "blankets" you see ARE the relatively new Westin branded blankets. The red blankets that MSP references are the older version and those are not Westin branded.

Note that the blankets are listed as being available in first class. In main cabin, sometimes they appear on random seats, but they are not a definitive amenity like in first class (where it appears on every flight on every seat).

Thus, it seems you are seeing the amenity Delta promised, and whining for no reason. Here is their press release, where you can see the branding up close: http://news.delta.com/delta-launches...lass-customers

If you are referring to the white Westin DUVETS that are in Delta One, Delta never advertised duvets in domestic First Class. Only in Delta One. The thinner Westin-branded blankets are the standard in First Class.
The exact link that you posted says that the BLUE blankets are for main cabin, which is exactly what OP stated. Also note, the link that you provided shows no branding for the BLUE blankets that OP said were appearing in FC.

I agree with OP, but this belongs in the Random Complaints thread.
Old Sep 17, 17, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

As Dcfinance points out, you're the one mistaken. The blue blankets are the new upgraded coach blankets. Also, as I pointed out in my original post, I acknowledge this is somewhat petty, but I think if they are going to advertise an amenity and offer to some people but not others on the same flight, they should correct this issue. I'm currently sitting on a flight where the passenger next to me has Westin blanket and I do not. Would you ( or anyone on this board) be ok if they served 15 people a drink in glass but 1 person their drink in plastic cup?
Old Sep 17, 17, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
Too many passengers are keeping the grey blankets for them to stay available. Delta has continually re-ordered them but can't keep up.
Old Sep 17, 17, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by skier66 View Post
I'm currently sitting on a flight where the passenger next to me has Westin blanket and I do not. Would you ( or anyone on this board) be ok if they served 15 people a drink in glass but 1 person their drink in plastic cup?
I'd find it somewhat annoying, not least because I have OCD, but I'd also be understanding of the vagaries of maintaining consistency in a complex supply chain. I assume eventually all the old red blankets will be phased out, but just like hotels that switch toiletries and have a mix of old and new for a while, well, shrug.
Old Sep 17, 17, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
I believe they tried to retire all the old red blankets, but had to pull some back into service when too many of the grey ones disappeared.
Old Sep 17, 17, 6:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Gee, maybe I should try to stuff one of the duvets in my carry-on next time!
Old Sep 17, 17, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
While I agree this should go in the petty rants thread, I'll also add that there is most definitely a quality difference between the gray and blue blankets. Mrs. Lee and I were on a flight a couple months ago where there was a blue on her seat and gray on mine. Mine was noticeably thicker and more densely woven together, and possibly a bit softer/less scratchy.
Old Sep 17, 17, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite, SpaceX Lunar Elite
Unless it's a trans-con I don't ever use a blanked so I don't even pay attention. Most of the time I'm hot on a plane so the colder they make it the better for me. Mine usually goes wedged in the gap between the arm rest and the wall so I have more room to set stuff like my phone or snacks on my little CRJ hops.
Old Sep 17, 17, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by domCMH View Post
... Most of the time I'm hot on a plane so the colder they make it the better for me. ...
This. My last Delta One transatlantic, I requested (and the FA was able to get me) a blue blanket from the main cabin because I would have roasted under the duvet. Plus the duvet makes a very nice bit of extra padding on top of the lie-flat seat for me to sleep on

Search this Thread
Search Engine: