Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Old Sep 17, 2017, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others

I've seen signs suggesting DL was going to rebuild the DCA Skyclub, but I hadn't seen any tangible progress on that front until this morning - at some point over the last ten days or so, they've sealed off the main seating section, facing the bar. Unless there's another seating section I'm not aware of (to the left on the food/bathrooms?), the club is going to be cramped while they rebuild.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by steveholt
I've seen signs suggesting DL was going to rebuild the DCA Skyclub, but I hadn't seen any tangible progress on that front until this morning - at some point over the last ten days or so, they've sealed off the main seating section, facing the bar. Unless there's another seating section I'm not aware of (to the left on the food/bathrooms?), the club is going to be cramped while they rebuild.
Oh boy. Guess I won't miss the SC, as my next few trips are ex-RIC.

I think I do remember hearing that the DCA SC was due for some work. DCA is definitely one of DL's most valuable outstations.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Somewhere to the left of where you check in there's a special private VIP area for congresscritters and celebrities.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Somewhere to the left of where you check in there's a special private VIP area for congresscritters and celebrities.
Are you sure? Pretty sure there's a wall to the left of the check-in desk.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 7:25 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
That's where we met, isn't it?

LUMRS likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
To the left of check once inside the SC is a solid wall.

Perhaps you are referencing the other club on the 3 level which was a United Club at one point. I believe it is now a USO club or something like that.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Well thats a bummer as I have three trips out of DCA in the next 6 weeks, I like that SkyClub
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
To the left of check once inside the SC is a solid wall.

Perhaps you are referencing the other club on the 3 level which was a United Club at one point. I believe it is now a USO club or something like that.
Well somebody doesn't know the secret knock
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
The DCA club could really use a renovation. It's one of the most tired looking clubs in the system. I wish all clubs would get the nice big square chairs that offer a lot of privacy and you can actually sleep.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I wish all clubs would get the nice big square chairs that offer a lot of privacy and you can actually sleep.
Personally not a fan. For some reason they feel dirtier to me than other chairs, and when they are in the middle of the room, they make the space feel crowded because they block sight lines (such as the MSP F club).
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Think what you're referring to is the area past the bar and the food area to the left, past the bathrooms. Not sure I've ever seen this door open, but on Sunday, it was open. There's a light sensor on the door which suggests that it requires a fob to typically access, but the door was wide open this morning. It wasn't clearly accessible, so I didn't venture over there. There's also an outside area where I saw people eating and drinking last week, but not sure if that was a lounge?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:40 pm

Looks like the mythical DCA SC VIP area does exist.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
This rather pathetic Sky Club is part of the reason why I fly out of Washington-Dulles now. I much prefer the Air France or Turkish lounges. Plus, upgrades in and out of Dulles much, much easier.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
This rather pathetic Sky Club is part of the reason why I fly out of Washington-Dulles now. I much prefer the Air France or Turkish lounges. Plus, upgrades in and out of Dulles much, much easier.
Except on the CRJ-200s.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:57 pm

Except on the CRJ-200s.
Only to JFK, and that's such a short run that it doesn't really matter. I do miss the ERJ145s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.