Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
That is looking pretty good. That's good progress since I was there Saturday.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:25 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by puck021
[left]
someone is going to see this picture and go NUTS over the fact that the LAZY skyclub employees (who are probably in a UNION) haven't put any food out
puck021 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
someone is going to see this picture and go NUTS over the fact that the LAZY skyclub employees (who are probably in a UNION) haven't put any food out
I should have stood in line complaining.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Self-serve soda machine; yes!!!
angra, dc2005b and 13thandseven like this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm in the club right now. I was told by one of the concierges that the "grand opening" will be on Wednesday 6/27/18.

There is all new furniture in here; I'm really liking the office chair and countertop seating overlooking Gate 15 (I'm seated next to the printer and shredder).

The new bar features roll down doors behind the bar where they can lock up the booze at night, eliminating the taking the booze off the shelf at night and replacing it in the morning. The temporary bar has been moved to a point adjacent to the permanent bar not far from the front entrance.

The divider which I thought looked ugly and cheap looks a lot better when viewed in context with the dropped ceiling which provides indirect light in the middle of the club. There are six new modernist chandeliers adorned with little lights near the windows on either side of the room.

The self-serve soda machine is in operation, and food is being served from the new buffet which is between the bar and the corridor leading to the new bathrooms.

I think the renovated club looks great!!!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
I hope it will be open this Saturday/Sunday when I will be through DCA.Has anyone seen signage indicating closed or open this weekend?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ND76

I think the renovated club looks great!!!
Agree, I was there on Tues, 6/19, headed to JFK-AMS-BUD,and things really seemed to be moving along.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Originally Posted by ND76
I'm in the club right now. I was told by one of the concierges that the "grand opening" will be on Wednesday 6/27/18.
Excellent, I'll be able to check it out on opening day.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by DLDMFLL
I hope it will be open this Saturday/Sunday when I will be through DCA.Has anyone seen signage indicating closed or open this weekend?
There was no such signage set outside the club yesterday. I would suggest that there would be no reason to close the club, as pretty much all the construction has been completed. There is an area to the left of the new bar which has a curtain in front of it; they've stored what appears to be new furniture in that space. They still need to remove the refrigerated cases at the east side of the club where they kept yogurt and other perishable snacks. I would imagine some of this new furniture will go in that area.

Last edited by ND76; Jun 22, 2018 at 2:36 am
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Any reports if the club is open today? Flying back to NYC and would love to pop in before the Shuttle flight.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Any reports if the club is open today? Flying back to NYC and would love to pop in before the Shuttle flight.
Send a DM to @Delta's Twitter team. They'll let you know
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
I came in on a flight yesterday and will be going out this evening at 7:20. I dropped by the club yesterday and asked if it will be open today and they indicated yes – – until 8 o’clock. .
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Such a nice job with this club! Drinks from the bar are being served in plastic cups though, but there is a complimentary rose which is pretty good. Packaged food/snacks are still available and you check in outside of the club now.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Looks like a nice improvement!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Lovely 5 hour + delay tonight on the Shuttle to LGA.....hours waiting then off and on and off and on again....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.