Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Closed again this weekend. And, I believe, next.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
WWADS occasionally makes some tongue in check remarks regarding DCA, I hope this is one as I don't see how that opinion is defensible. Opening up is a major benefit to all passengers. Yes, we will have to deal with a some time of construction, but worth it in the end I hope.

Count me as someone who is hoping AMEX announces a CL as soon as National Hall post TSA begins.
I'm a regular at DCA who has never been inside security at the other two piers in the "new" North Terminal. I'm looking forward to the new security entrance, as it will make the entire North Terminal readily accessible to a ticketed passenger. I don't know what this is going to do for the access from the Metro station to the terminal, however.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
I'm a regular at DCA who has never been inside security at the other two piers in the "new" North Terminal. I'm looking forward to the new security entrance, as it will make the entire North Terminal readily accessible to a ticketed passenger. I don't know what this is going to do for the access from the Metro station to the terminal, however.
Yeah I've been wondering about that. I don't think that WMATA will allow them to mess with the station/tracks, so I think they'll have to build around it.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah I've been wondering about that. I don't think that WMATA will allow them to mess with the station/tracks, so I think they'll have to build around it.
I don’t think the Metro tracks have ever been an issue with construction as they are even with Level 3 and across the street from the terminal. They are going to build two new security checkpoints next to both of the Metro/Parking Garage bridges (BTW, the convinent DL ticket counter on the Metro Bridge is moving to the National Hall on Monday) I wish that they could somehow had built the checkpoints upstairs like they did at JFK T4. It’s strange that you are now going to walk away from the gates to get to the security checkpoint.
finlandia likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by ND76
The far gates (including 35x) are much much worse than Delta so I welcome the change with open arms, much as I love the airy feel of National Hall that will be diminished with all the people milling around and whatever else is put in there. The security buildings will be between the metro and National Hall, with security on the same level as the current bridge so it will be great for those of us who check in online and don't check luggage. Existing ticketing inside the terminal will remain, but passengers will need to double back to go through security. So I guess if you want to enter the gates from the metro you stay at bridge level but there is some other exit that dumps you outside security and into the building, but you have to go upstairs to ticketing, then back downstairs to get through security. Sounds a bit painful. I hope they have something like the quick-check outside security, DL on one building, AA in the other.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: United 1K, Delta DM 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Elite VIP, Accor Gold
DCA SC closed 3/3, 3/4, 3/10, and 3/11

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Closed again this weekend. And, I believe, next.
DCA Sky Club is closed the next two weekends...

DCA SC closed 2/17-18, 2/24-25, 3/3-4, and 3/10-11.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I'll continue flying into Reagan and out of Dulles, as I love the Air France/KLM lounge.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I spoke with the DCA SkyClub agents last week. They are saying late spring/early summer. Last week they closed the bar and moved it to a temporary rolling cart similar to what you'd see at a banquet. Glassware is all paper and plastic right now.

Other side note for DCA travelers, the lower level check-in desk is gone! I saw them disassembling it and hauling away the bag screening equipment last Friday! I loved dropping bags there after parking in the B garage.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
I spoke with the DCA SkyClub agents last week. They are saying late spring/early summer. Last week they closed the bar and moved it to a temporary rolling cart similar to what you'd see at a banquet. Glassware is all paper and plastic right now.

Other side note for DCA travelers, the lower level check-in desk is gone! I saw them disassembling it and hauling away the bag screening equipment last Friday! I loved dropping bags there after parking in the B garage.
They are moving it to the National Hall. It is effective tommorow and is not going anywhere.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

They are moving it to the National Hall. It is effective tommorow and is not going anywhere.
Good to hear. I'm flying out of DCA tomorrow am and I'll look for it.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
The far gates (including 35x) are much much worse than Delta so I welcome the change with open arms, much as I love the airy feel of National Hall that will be diminished with all the people milling around and whatever else is put in there. The security buildings will be between the metro and National Hall, with security on the same level as the current bridge so it will be great for those of us who check in online and don't check luggage. Existing ticketing inside the terminal will remain, but passengers will need to double back to go through security. So I guess if you want to enter the gates from the metro you stay at bridge level but there is some other exit that dumps you outside security and into the building, but you have to go upstairs to ticketing, then back downstairs to get through security. Sounds a bit painful. I hope they have something like the quick-check outside security, DL on one building, AA in the other.
I don't think the two non-Delta concourses (gates 23-45) are any different than the concourse Delta uses. I actually don't really mind 35X. Great people watching in the holding pen downstairs and the bus system isn't so bad as long as you're the last one to board the bus.

Once the security clearance area is changed I will trade the Reserve cards my wife and I use for a single AA Executive card instead, as the lounge access policy is far more generous (I can even add her as an authorized user for no additional fee). We can then use it on all our flights, which tend to be Delta 50%, AA 30% and JetBlue 20%.

For flights out of the other DC airports, I'm really happy with the Priority Pass to get into the Turkish Lounge at IAD and the Club at BWI.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I don't think the two non-Delta concourses (gates 23-45) are any different than the concourse Delta uses. I actually don't really mind 35X. Great people watching in the holding pen downstairs and the bus system isn't so bad as long as you're the last one to board the bus.

Once the security clearance area is changed I will trade the Reserve cards my wife and I use for a single AA Executive card instead, as the lounge access policy is far more generous (I can even add her as an authorized user for no additional fee). We can then use it on all our flights, which tend to be Delta 50%, AA 30% and JetBlue 20%.

For flights out of the other DC airports, I'm really happy with the Priority Pass to get into the Turkish Lounge at IAD and the Club at BWI.
I'm usually in a rush to get to work when arriving back to DCA. So with DL I get off the plane quickly and within minutes I'm on the metro. With AA at 35X I'm still waiting in that darned bus to travel 100 meters.

I don't have lounge access with AA so that concourse always seems worse because I don't have the SC to take a pee. Wow, that's quite a realization regarding the relative merits of the two concourses in my mind
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
I'm usually in a rush to get to work when arriving back to DCA. So with DL I get off the plane quickly and within minutes I'm on the metro. With AA at 35X I'm still waiting in that darned bus to travel 100 meters.

I don't have lounge access with AA so that concourse always seems worse because I don't have the SC to take a pee. Wow, that's quite a realization regarding the relative merits of the two concourses in my mind
I'm not sure I'd go into the SC on arrival just to pee, but if it were a #2 then the improved cleanliness and quietness is probably worth the effort of getting in!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I'm not sure I'd go into the SC on arrival just to pee, but if it were a #2 then the improved cleanliness and quietness is probably worth the effort of getting in!
Maybe you're a boy. For a girl, even #1 benefits from improved cleanliness and quietness!
Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Good to hear. I'm flying out of DCA tomorrow am and I'll look for it.
I'm on the 6am to JFK, I'll be in the SC before the flight. PM if you'll be there at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.