Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's not only saving on the cost of the soda, but if serving the soda creates a line so that less alcohol can be served during the same time, DL saves money. If you're giving away N free drinks per hour, wouldn't you prefer that as many of those drinks as possible contain cheap liquid (soda) rather than expensive liquid (alcohol in general)? It's a bonus if the line is long enough to discourage people from trying to get a drink or if the line makes it impossible for them to get a drink before their flight, or if getting the drink means that they have less time to take food before their flight, etc. Of course, this strategy must be used in a somewhat limited way so that the lounge doesn't look cheap and too many people don't complain.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:48 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
DL has been moving back to the fountain soda dispensers. They tried out the expensive Coke Freestyle machines in ATL but went back to the traditional dispensers because the new machines kept breaking down. MSP F just put a dispenser in which has cut down a bit on the bar line (which is pretty busy most of the time).
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Dick Ginkowski
DL has been moving back to the fountain soda dispensers. They tried out the expensive Coke Freestyle machines in ATL but went back to the traditional dispensers because the new machines kept breaking down. MSP F just put a dispenser in which has cut down a bit on the bar line (which is pretty busy most of the time).
I love those Coke machines. So many options. You'd need to be a mathematics PhD to figure out all the possible combinations.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
This is why FT rocks. I changed my DCA flight today to BWI to avoid the SC construction issues issues and use the PP lounge at BWI (although that Vino Vilo is tempting). I am "only" Plat (but closing in on DM) but a non-preferred A fare flight out of BWI was $194 less than DCA so I paid $6 ($200 change -
$194 fare difference) and then SDC'd to my preferred flight which was booking in P. Thanks for the heads up, OP!
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by 1973 Ford Pinto
There is already window seating facing the city. If you moved the bar to the windows, the bar would block the view, wouldn't it??
Not at all. You can have a standard height bar(as is now) running 2x the length of the current on which would allow food options to move where current bar is.

On a standard height bar you can still showcase multiple premium bottles, as well as have bottles on a glass shelf suspended from the ceiling. Although, I will admit it will not be a clear as is now, just a cool backdrop.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:10 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by bergamini
The iced tea costs roughly the same and is freely available but that's because it looks classier in a glass container and the bartenders don't need it.
The iced tea also has the benefit of not going flat if it sits in one of those glass canisters all day.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I love those Coke machines. So many options. You'd need to be a mathematics PhD to figure out all the possible combinations.
Unless you are behind a bunch of pre-teens all making Suicides with 24 flavors, not a SkyClub problem but I dread it traveling with 12yo hockey kids.
Dick Ginkowski likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I don't care about soda fountains but I really like the new water dispensers that have the option to give you self serve sparkling water. That plus a lemon or lime and I'm perfect. The cucumber water is also nice.
Dick Ginkowski likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
The cucumber water is also nice.
Until you realize it's just Dasani water, which is basically just good tap water.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold
Until you realize it's just Dasani water, which is basically just good tap water.
what did you think it was before?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am here this morning for the first time since they made the change and it definitely feels a lot tighter, in fact someone a few seats away commented on that after he inquired if anyone was using the seat. It has cleared a bit since when I first arrived about 45 min ago (which is after the big morning rush) but I am sure its now unpleasant during the most peak periods.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Miesque
I am here this morning for the first time since they made the change and it definitely feels a lot tighter, in fact someone a few seats away commented on that after he inquired if anyone was using the seat. It has cleared a bit since when I first arrived about 45 min ago (which is after the big morning rush) but I am sure its now unpleasant during the most peak periods.
Maybe DL believes that if seating is tighter in SCs, we won't notice how narrow and cramped seats on DL aircraft are. After all, your time in the lounge should help to prepare you for your "main cabin experience."
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I think the appeal lies in the fruit infusion, not the water itself.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by MS02113
When did Dasani start making wine? They're part of Coca-Cola, right, so this is scary.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:20 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Originally Posted by MS02113
And that water is best consumed fresh and cold!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.