Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

DCA SC Refresh Complete [after partial closure]

Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
Are the bathrooms bigger? More than 1 toilet in the men's room; not sure what the count was in the women's room?
Damn Billy I just missed you.

Reatrooms are the same but I heard they are being enlarged.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Is it open this weekend?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:00 pm

Answer my own Q: yes, it's open!

In other news of impending devaluations... the lounge dragon gave me a heads-up that even with my SC membership (that I have as a DM benny), starting in 2019 I won't be able to come in if, as I am today, I'm flying another airline. Shock horror! She was very nice about it, just a sign of things to come, not sure if this is common knowledge.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie

In other news of impending devaluations... the lounge dragon gave me a heads-up that even with my SC membership (that I have as a DM benny), starting in 2019 I won't be able to come in if, as I am today, I'm flying another airline. Shock horror! She was very nice about it, just a sign of things to come, not sure if this is common knowledge.
It was announced several months ago.

IMO purchased memberships should still allow any airline access, but DM memberships should not. That would help with the overcrowding issues I'd bet.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie

As someone else said, it's old news. Regardless, I can't believe there are many people who fly American or United and use a Delta lounge if only because it's often not even in the same terminal.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
As someone else said, it's old news. Regardless, I can't believe there are many people who fly American or United and use a Delta lounge if only because it's often not even in the same terminal.
At DCA, DL and UA share the same security entrance; to get to UA after security, turn right. To get to DL, go straight ahead. To go to the DL club, use the elevators to your left.

I haven't been in it in at least a decade, but I was in the DCA UA club when it was a Continental President's Club, and it is one neat room.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
Originally Posted by puck021
Im here right now. Not that crowded.

Now you enter to the left of the desks and walk down the long hall past the protocol office and enter the club by the bathrooms, which are now open. Club manager said bar, kitchen and most work will be done. by the end of April with just cosmetic fixes after that.
They've installed this very cheap looking metal divider between the bar area (now walled off) and the seating area. Most (but not all) of the area over Gate 15 is now open (I was there on Wednesday 3/14/18).
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
This seems like a big deal if you fly internationally a lot and are not SkyTeam Elite Plus or fly frequently from a terminal that has a SC but you usually fly another airline.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I was there Sunday evening as well. Still a mess with all the construction. The food service has changed to completely pre-packaged items. Easier to take with you if need be, but not as varied as the previous food set up.

This place is interesting in that every week brings a different configuration. If you interested in a positive and consistent experience, you'll be disappointed.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by DCAhome
I was there Sunday evening as well. Still a mess with all the construction. The food service has changed to completely pre-packaged items. Easier to take with you if need be, but not as varied as the previous food set up.

This place is interesting in that every week brings a different configuration. If you interested in a positive and consistent experience, you'll be disappointed.
I'd bring my own food in and dare them to stop me under these circumstances.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by WWads
I'd bring my own food in and dare them to stop me under these circumstances.
Just avoid the SC until all this construction mess is finished or visit the UA Club if you have access. It will probably be more comfortable in the gate area, especially if you can grab one of the tables they have set up across from Gate 22.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

I dont think there is any space anywhere in Terminal B/C for any new lounge at DCA. The new lounge space in the new RJ pier will be an AC and there are already two other ACs in the Gate 23-34 pier and 35-45 pier. I doubt AA will close one of the clubs and there dosnt seem to be anywhere else they could put it. I think Im totally wrong here but didnt UA use to have a Red Carpet Club in the 23-34 pier? (their old gates PMCO). If so, that is the only space I think a lounge could possibly go.
There's space in B. Across from the legacy Admirals Club is an empty lounge that was originally a Red Carpet Club, then a US Airways Club and is now dormant after AA declined to turn it into an Admirals Club.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
There's space in B. Across from the legacy Admirals Club is an empty lounge that was originally a Red Carpet Club, then a US Airways Club and is now dormant after AA declined to turn it into an Admirals Club.
Centurion Studio location perhaps?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by WWads
Centurion Studio location perhaps?
I believe that space is now used for jetBlue office space, but it would seem to make more sense to revert it back to passenger use.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:16 pm

As someone said, UA and DL share the same post-security concourse at DCA, also at ORD concourse E.
Anyway, flying out again tomorrow, can't wait to see what arrangement DCA SC has in store!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.