Mobilese and CPH Travel Wifi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobilese and CPH Travel Wifi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2017, 7:09 pm

Tried on Cathay pacific A350 HKG-MEL
Does not work either on phone app or PC with iPass client installed.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Any hints on what USA credit cards might work with CPH? I tried one of mine and failed but will try more now that my experiment with SAS' businessclasswifi has failed too.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I initially worked with Mobilise support trying to get a USA CC to work on the CPH web which they run. I have never been told that that technical issue has been resolved nor have I seen in reported in the two FT threads about Mobilise and CPH.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: LH Senator, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Not working on LH either. Seems to be the app not recognizing the inflight wifi (according to the logs, the wifi might even be blacklisted).

I am requesting a refund, and chargeback through CC if it won't be refunded.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Further to the experiences of other people in this thread, I purchased a month's Mobilise Hotspot to try it on AA international and domestic services and can confirm no luck on any of my devices yesterday LHR-ORD and ORD-MSP. This definitely shouldn't be advertised as working inflight.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Again couldn't get it to work on another DL flight; CVG-MCO.
Did fire an email off earlier this week. However no response yet from Mobilese.
Might go for a refund/chargeback.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:50 pm

looks like it doesn't work. lame
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
MCO-ATL and ATL-DUS also didn't work. Asked and got a refund from them.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:20 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I purchased CPH a few weeks ago, and although it works well for airport/city/hotel hotspots, I haven't been able to get it to work on any of my DL/AS flights. I'll be asking for a refund, and would advise others against buying.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:21 am

Recently flew AMS-SLC-LAS-SLC-AMS on DL and tried the CPH Travel Wifi on iOS.

On AMS-SLC, the app did not recognize the gogoinflight WiFi as a CPH wifi hotspot. I connected nevertheless. Messenger was working from the start after being activated in the browser - as expected, it is free on DL. After a while, I started to receive emails as well as News items on Google News and Google app. Web-browsing was impossible due to extremely low speed.

Same on SLC-LAS with the one difference that the speed was much better and I could even access some of the websites in Chrome.

On the way back, I slept

Net, the CPH Travel Wifi app seems to be able to connect to internet even though it does not list gogoinflight as a CPH hotspot. However, connection is super slow on TATL making it useless for everything but email and getting news headlines.

I have never paid for gogo, thus cannot compare the speed. However, I cannot imaging that folks pay USD 28 for a day-pass if they get such results. Thus, I assume that the CPH speed is throttled compared to direct gogo connection.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 2:48 am
Original Poster

@jak456, is it possible that what you experienced was another failure of the CPH Travel Wifi but you had at least limited Wifi through DL's experiment with Gogo? Although you said that CPH did not list GoGoInflight as a recognized hotspot, do you have a screenshot of the CPH app when you finally were able to connect? Did you do the CAPTCHA before getting connected?

I ask because many in the thread about free messages allowed by DL have reported being able to receive email, etc. beyond the advertised free messages. Did you try any part of social media like Twitter? See In-flight Texting/messaging free starting this weekend

Last edited by Xeno; Oct 27, 2017 at 6:28 am
Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:05 am

@Xeno, no screenshot - however it was the usual CPH screen when you are connected to a normal hotspot. I do not recall whether I got the "You are now connected to CPH Travel Wifi" notification.

There was a CAPCHTA for connecting to the free messaging service. In addition, there was one Delta/gogo website that said something like click to connect to internet now (sorry fuzzy memory on this), however that was not followed by a CAPCHTA.

Not a twitter user, sorry !

It could very well have been a bug in the DL free messaging system that allowed me to get email and news as well as the surfing on he SLC-LAS flight. Impossible to know.

What I was definitely disappointed with was the connection speed, if I had paid gogo for this, I would be seriously unhappy.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Well, even if you had a screenshot it could have looked like the CPH Travel Wifi was connected.

When I used Mobilise, it would show me connected to GoGo inflight but all I got was free access Wifi. However, I could turn around and gain full access to premium Wifi by using my US Mobile iPass which required CAPTCHA.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Mobilise/CPH is at best half-baked and at worst, marketed by blatant lies.

Before purchasing, I specifically asked their support if in-flight was included. And if so, was Gogo included. They responded with a list of supported carriers, Delta and many other Gogo carriers included.

After purchasing and not connecting on Delta flights, they respond to my questions with "Gogo Inflight connectivity is currently not supported by our application."

They also market their service as available on Windows PC and Mac, but after purchasing and finding out the download for Windows/Mac is unavailable, they reply with "We have an ongoing technical issue with our Mac and PC application download and our technical team is currently working on it."

So far, it has seamlessly connected my phone to a variety of free WiFi services. So I guess it's got that working for it...
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:27 am

I had the same horrible experience. Have asked for a refund for my subscription. This is test-book false advertising! The age-old saying "if it sounds too good to be true...."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.