Search

Pay with miles - change question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Pay with miles - change question

Turns out pay with miles isn't any easy search term here.

Question: If a trip is cancelled with a 100% PWM, does the amount go back as an e-credit sans the ASC?

Here is what Delta has to say about it but I don't find it exactly clear.

"Except for tickets refunded under Delta's Risk Free Cancellation policy, miles redeemed with Pay with Miles cannot be re-deposited in the member's SkyMiles Account — even for fully refundable fares. In the event of a ticket being reissued, any residual dollar value between the original price of the ticket purchased using full or partial Pay with Miles and the reissued ticket price, can only be returned as a nonrefundable e-credit valid for future transportation. E-credit will be valid for 1 year from original Pay with Miles ticket issue date. Residual e-credit value will follow current Delta e-Credit rules and will not be applicable on non-transportation fees. Pay with Miles unused tickets can be used as an e-Credit when it is a primary exchange document. These Pay with Miles terms and conditions will apply to any ticket purchased using an unused Pay with Miles ticket."
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Do these help:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...es-caveat.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ge-ticket.html
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
What's an ASC??
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maybe the first one but still not black and white to me but thanks.

Originally Posted by kjnangre
What's an ASC??
Administrative Service Charge (change fee).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
You'll get an e-credit for the full value, minus the change fee. PWM is NOT a get-out-of-change-fee-free card.

I can't say that I have experience to back up the above statement, but I'm pretty sure it's right, based on common sense.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kjnangre
You'll get an e-credit for the full value, minus the change fee. PWM is NOT a get-out-of-change-fee-free card.

I can't say that I have experience to back up the above statement, but I'm pretty sure it's right, based on common sense.
Nor am I expecting it to be. Thanks for the info.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
concur

a couple years ago I booked a $109 positioning flight for an AS MR using 10k miles and $9 ... wound up not needing the MR (free cancel, having made MVPG on regular travel ^) but lost the DL miles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.