Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC to Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
And the 'direct' flights also make things ugly for GUCs... if the first domestic segment doesn't clear, you're hosed on the next even if there is space.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: DL DM
I'm doing this in November via MSP. The prices were vastly less than via DTW or LAX, probably because of the new equipment (or marketing or whatever).

I was between that and KE but since I'm traveling alone, the 2-2-2 setup on the 380 was less desirable for me. It'll be me in ol' favorite 7D on the 777, which is just fine for me. Not sure why people were hating on it above, but I quite enjoy it. The new 350 is an unproven thing anyway at this point.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by stencil
It'll be me in ol' favorite 7D on the 777, which is just fine for me. Not sure why people were hating on it above, but I quite enjoy it.
It's among the oldest J seats in the fleet, and feels narrow. But, you know #firstworldproblems it's still far better than Y.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by bennos
It's among the oldest J seats in the fleet, and feels narrow. But, you know #firstworldproblems it's still far better than Y.
I'd argue that the 767 J lie flat is even more narrow by a long shot.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'd argue that the 767 J lie flat is even more narrow by a long shot.
The problem with 777 J seat is the walls for me. I'm broad shouldered, and have to slightly turn sideways to sit in the seat.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
The problem with 777 J seat is the walls for me. I'm broad shouldered, and have to slightly turn sideways to sit in the seat.
As am I. I find the 767 lie-flat much more narrow than that of the 777. I was just on it the other night and was surprised how narrow it was, especially given how much space they have in the overall console. From what I recall, last time I was on a 777 I could at least lay completely flat, albeit a bit tightly. On the 767 I had to keep the upper portion above the "hand rests" to lay on my back. Unless those shoulder presses are really kicking in, the 767 is more narrow for shoulders.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
As am I. I find the 767 lie-flat much more narrow than that of the 777. I was just on it the other night and was surprised how narrow it was, especially given how much space they have in the overall console. From what I recall, last time I was on a 777 I could at least lay completely flat, albeit a bit tightly. On the 767 I had to keep the upper portion above the "hand rests" to lay on my back. Unless those shoulder presses are really kicking in, the 767 is more narrow for shoulders.
I sleep on my side. No issue when sleeping. However when sitting is the issue. 767 is no issue, 777 sitting up is an issue.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I sleep on my side. No issue when sleeping. However when sitting is the issue. 767 is no issue, 777 sitting up is an issue.
Ah that I can see. Yeah I tend to be a twisted maw of bad posture when sitting up as a neurotic writer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.