FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Gold, but SkyPriority banner is not appearing on boarding pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1865709-delta-gold-but-skypriority-banner-not-appearing-boarding-pass.html)

dbernard2000 Sep 7, 2017 12:28 pm

Delta Gold, but SkyPriority banner is not appearing on boarding pass

Good afternoon!

My boarding pass for tomorrow's Delta flight does not appear to have the SkyPriority banner that has been on there in the past. I am Medallion Gold, so it should be there. It appears on my account page online, and I was also upgraded complimentary to Comfort+ so I'm baffled as to why the banner is not there. Normally it hasn't been there for comfort+ upgrades when I was silver, but as of last month I'm now gold and my last reservation had the SkyPriority banner on both of the mobile boarding passes.

Any insight? Thanks!

Widgets Sep 7, 2017 12:31 pm

If you recently moved up in status, try deleting the SkyMiles number from your reservation and adding it again.

dbernard2000 Sep 7, 2017 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Widgets (Post 28789004)
If you recently moved up in status, try deleting the SkyMiles number from your reservation and adding it again.

It's possible, however I'd rather keep it in there because I don't want to remove the request for a first class upgrade. Part of the hierarchy criteria is the time it's requested.I'm sure if I just show "GOLD" to the agents there they will accept it. Thanks for the tip though! I will do that for some of my far future reservations!

SDQBound Sep 7, 2017 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by dbernard2000 (Post 28789025)
It's possible, however I'd rather keep it in there because I don't want to remove the request for a first class upgrade. Part of the hierarchy criteria is the time it's requested.I'm sure if I just show "GOLD" to the agents there they will accept it. Thanks for the tip though! I will do that for some of my far future reservations!

It will not mess up the FC upgrade request, so don't worry.

domCMH Dec 18, 2017 10:07 am

All - I have this same problem more or less. I've been a Platinum all year and for some reason the "Sky Priority" is now missing from my paper BP. It shows up on my app no problem. I am still old school and prefer the paper so it's a hassle for me as I can't use the SP lane without getting out my phone. I've spoken to Delta but they are of no help, they just throw me miles which is fine but doesn't really fix the problem long term. Anyone else with this issue?

The Situation Dec 18, 2017 11:01 am

I have had this issue too - the banner shows up if I save the BP to my wallet, but not when I just pull it up in the app. Have not had an issue with it printing out on the paper BP though.

jdrtravel Dec 18, 2017 11:42 am

Originally Posted by domCMH (Post 29188434)
All - I have this same problem more or less. I've been a Platinum all year and for some reason the "Sky Priority" is now missing from my paper BP. It shows up on my app no problem. I am still old school and prefer the paper so it's a hassle for me as I can't use the SP lane without getting out my phone. I've spoken to Delta but they are of no help, they just throw me miles which is fine but doesn't really fix the problem long term. Anyone else with this issue?

I have not had this issue, but one workaround would be to use your platinum card, if you prefer something physical over electronic.

Also, where is the paper from? Are you printing at home or at an airport kiosk? Try switching this and see if it helps.

domCMH Dec 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel (Post 29188849)
I have not had this issue, but one workaround would be to use your platinum card, if you prefer something physical over electronic.

Also, where is the paper from? Are you printing at home or at an airport kiosk? Try switching this and see if it helps.

Good idea. I usually have the agent print it when I check my bag. I'll try the kiosk and also at home. Don't laugh everyone, I like to pack a lot and not deal with the hassle of trying to find overhead space on the small RJs I am usually on. I find that 9/10 times I am only waiting 10 minutes max for my bag to arrive at baggage claim and it's obviously free for me to check it with my PM. I'm totally going against the grain with what most FFs do but I love it and don't find it to be a hassle at all. sure they might lose it but most of my flights are one segment so I don't worry too much or pack anything critical. Ok, tell me how dumb I am now. That's what my friends all say. :-)

DAV2355711 Dec 19, 2017 1:19 am

This happens to me a lot, especially when flying KL/AF.

Just show them a digital copy of your card on the Delta App and it should be fine.

JoelThomas Dec 19, 2017 5:15 am

Originally Posted by domCMH (Post 29190825)
Good idea. I usually have the agent print it when I check my bag. I'll try the kiosk and also at home. Don't laugh everyone, I like to pack a lot and not deal with the hassle of trying to find overhead space on the small RJs I am usually on. I find that 9/10 times I am only waiting 10 minutes max for my bag to arrive at baggage claim and it's obviously free for me to check it with my PM. I'm totally going against the grain with what most FFs do but I love it and don't find it to be a hassle at all. sure they might lose it but most of my flights are one segment so I don't worry too much or pack anything critical. Ok, tell me how dumb I am now. That's what my friends all say. :-)

I'm the same way, checking as much baggage as possible. I love strolling through the airport with only a book or magazine in my hand.

defrosted Dec 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by JoelThomas (Post 29191865)
I'm the same way, checking as much baggage as possible.

I also subscribe to this theory. I have been "burned" by lack of overhead bin space way more often than checked luggage issues. But then again I don't often board in the PREM zone.

gitismatt Dec 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by The Situation (Post 29188655)
I have had this issue too - the banner shows up if I save the BP to my wallet, but not when I just pull it up in the app. Have not had an issue with it printing out on the paper BP though.

weird. mine is the opposite. it shows in the app but not in the wallet. this past week I have had it showing on only 1 of 2 cards in the wallet instead of both flights.

daloosh Dec 20, 2017 10:13 am

Originally Posted by The Situation (Post 29188655)

My situation is like Situation's, where the BP prints out fine at home hardcopy, but the banner doesn't show up in the app, which struck me as really weird the first time, I haven't tried saving it to my wallet.

daloosh

flyingdoc747 Jun 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Hi all,
i already had two trips where my kiosk-printed as well as an agent-printed boarding pass did not have “SkyPriority” up top. My app does show it, however. I am GM currently. Bag tags print out priority, though.

My boss and I are flying together tomorrow CHS-LGA. I cleared at my window and she purchased a first class G fare. I’m GM and she does not have status. Both of our boarding passes do not say SkyPriority. What’s going on here? Is it a glitch?

thanks!

TheHorta Jun 21, 2018 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by flyingdoc747 (Post 29893257)
Hi all,
i already had two trips where my kiosk-printed as well as an agent-printed boarding pass did not have “SkyPriority” up top. My app does show it, however. I am GM currently. Bag tags print out priority, though.

My boss and I are flying together tomorrow CHS-LGA. I cleared at my window and she purchased a first class G fare. I’m GM and she does not have status. Both of our boarding passes do not say SkyPriority. What’s going on here? Is it a glitch?

thanks!

If you're both confirmed in F, both BPs should show "PREM".