Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL4734 emergency tonight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by kochleffel
I've noticed several instruction cards in regional aircraft that say to throw the window out. I'm not sure whether this is because there is less room, the curvature of the window is greater (because of the smaller circumference of the hull), or both.
Depending on the size of aircraft such as a Regional Jet the distance to the ground is not as high so throwing the door onto the ground as far as possible from the aircraft is better as the window can impede exit if you place it on a middle seat some passengers may find it hard to wiggle their way around and may injure themselves.

On the larger planes the doors can be heavier and the distance to throw the door outside is farther.

Just my guess.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:17 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by davetravels
How do I look up what time 22:48 is?

Originally Posted by danielonn
10:48 PM and 0 seconds UTC
You still didn't tell me how to look it up?!?!?
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels
You still didn't tell me how to look it up?!?!?
Click this link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28793569-post29.html
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by gypsycsc
Yes, I've seen the instructions cards saying to place it on the seat, but she definitely told us to throw it outside the plane. She was reading the instructions to us from a paper. She was very calm and professional, but her hands were shaking as she was holding the paper and reading to us.
You aren't going to be putting a CR2 door in the airplane. What are you going to do? Put it on someone?? Pull, twist, and fling out the hole. Grab the string and hook it into the wing if needed.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:51 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TomMM
I think this link is better ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+time+is+22%3A48%3F
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
On my second flight ever, when I was 15 and flying alone, I did Los Angeles-St. Louis-Detroit. I believe it was a 757. One of the engines went out and we diverted to Denver. They put me up in a hotel room and in first-class the next day out. That was that. No meal voucher or anything compensation. This would have been circa 1998.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.