Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL to start IND-CDG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: Working on it
IND is a great airport. I've been planning to maybe to a France trip in 2019, and I'd much rather do the connection in IND than MSP or ATL.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by hfly
What's next? Omaha?
Don't worry, that's BA's next announcement .
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Purdue and other nearby major research universities will contribute some TATL demand, but probably TPAC would matter more to them.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Don't worry, that's BA's next announcement .
We will see what happens. Keep eye on it.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by DA201
They could also get a few passengers heading to Africa. I don't think the IND-Africa market is large, but NBO, CAI, ABJ, and a few other destinations have good connecting times.
They could also capture passengers headed to India, especially to BLR since this will be the only one-stop option to that city. I can see an increased demand for travel to BLR with Infosys being based there and opening up a tech hub in Indy.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
CDG actually has some pretty good connections to airports such as MAN, NCL, EDI and ABZ. The big irritant with CDG is having to go back through security in T2E after arriving from the USA. The onward gates to the UK destinations tend to be bus gates which are reached by a short walk beyond security and going down an escalator.

Interestingly, I flew WAW-CDG-IAD on Monday; the WAW security operation was slipshod, but we were able to get from CDG T2F to T2E, concourse K, by only having to stop at EU exit passport control, with no further security check (other than the secondary inspection at the gate, which I got roped into).
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
For people in Illinois cities such as Champaign-Urbana, Decatur, or even Bloomington-Normal, this may become the most convenient flight to Europe. Bloomington is closer to O'Hare, but with much more variable traffic congestion.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
For people in Illinois cities such as Champaign-Urbana, Decatur, or even Bloomington-Normal, this may become the most convenient flight to Europe. Bloomington is closer to O'Hare, but with much more variable traffic congestion.
IND catches quite a number of passengers from central and east central Illinois already. But, of course, those that don't explore when booking will still have to find out about the flight.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Sort of a random question on this topic. I've noticed SC's that are not hubs but have an international flight--PHL comes to mind--generally seem to have upgraded food offerings, etc. Anyone know if this is standard practice for clubs with TATL or TPAC service? Curious if we may be seeing some upgrades in this regard at the IND club.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The inaugural flight is tomorrow, inbound is from ATL. That puts IND at 15 nonstop destinations (2 int'l) on Delta, and IND will soon see increased service to JFK, ATL, and SEA over the summer. Hopefully IND will get more service in the future!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 10:09 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Flight number is 500, heh.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Is the city or any companies subsidizing this flight? Best of luck.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Is the city or any companies subsidizing this flight? Best of luck.
I remember reading somewhere that there was some sort of subsidy. (can't remember from where)
Old May 23, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
IND catches quite a number of passengers from central and east central Illinois already. But, of course, those that don't explore when booking will still have to find out about the flight.
Granted, there aren't many large cities in Indiana or Illinois other than Indianapolis and Chicago, but as someone that went to U of I, I would fly out of IND on Sky Miles (or whatever it was called in 1996). My first DL flight was IND - CVG - JAX to see my parents when they moved. IND was about 30 minutes closer than ORD and it was a much easier drive from C-U.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I remember reading somewhere that there was some sort of subsidy. (can't remember from where)
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ris/635535001/
Yep, it's subsidized to the tune of ~$5 million

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.