Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL to start IND-CDG

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ris/635535001/
Yep, it's subsidized to the tune of ~$5 million
5.5 mill to be allocated based on how many passengers Delta carries on the route
Old May 23, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Heading out tomorrow on the inaugural flight. The SkyClub is being refreshed and they're hoping to have it ready tomorrow. And according to the airport, "Parisian music will be playing throughout the airport all day."
MSPeconomist and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I ran the numbers from Peoria and if there is no traffic, it's 42 minutes longer to get to Indy than getting the Air France or KLM flight from O'Hare. But congestion at certain times of day, and parking at any time of day makes that a wash.

It'll also draw from places like South Bend, and perhaps Fort Wayne, compared to Detroit.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:55 am

Providing this link for humor's sake. A local reporter tried to compare prices for the upcoming flight and it results in this hilarious "story." The reporter had to really dig deep in the armpits of a Kayak search to come up with some of the flight options mentioned.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...top/637027002/
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:32 pm

IND - CDG DL 500
608p - 837a
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL500

Politicians and IND folks posting social media of the inaugural flight:Includes video: https://twitter.com/INDairport
IN Governor Holcomb will be on return flight tomorrow (May 25, 2018) 110p - 427p CDG - IND DL 501.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bowdenj
IND - CDG DL 500
608p - 837a
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL500

Politicians and IND folks posting social media of the inaugural flight:Includes video: https://twitter.com/INDairport
IN Governor Holcomb will be on return flight tomorrow (May 25, 2018) 110p - 427p CDG - IND DL 501.
Is it a MR for the governor?
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bowdenj
IN Governor Holcomb will be on return flight tomorrow.
Can we get the French to keep him for a while... as a humanitarian deed?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro, UA Premier Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it a MR for the governor?
No, the tickets were bought for him through donations to the IEDC
Old May 25, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by pvn
Flight number is 500, heh.
Haha, I worked in flight control for an airline in the early 2000's. We used 500 for Indy flights too. Finally quit doing it, because others were using it and ATC would always have to amend our number (i.e. xxx8500) to avoid confusion.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
I was on the RDU-CDG flight last week. They mentioned in their announcement that the FAs are RDU based. I asked one of them about it, and they said that as long as the flight stays daily and doesn't drop to 6x a week or less, they will have a local crew base. I wonder if the same is true for Indy?
Old May 25, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by HDQDD
I was on the RDU-CDG flight last week. They mentioned in their announcement that the FAs are RDU based. I asked one of them about it, and they said that as long as the flight stays daily and doesn't drop to 6x a week or less, they will have a local crew base. I wonder if the same is true for Indy?
DL will open a 3 month temporary IND Flight Attendant crew base effective 01 June
Old May 28, 2020, 8:21 am

DL500/501 are back. After being scrapped through EOS, great to see DL put this back on the calendar starting end March 2021. Hopeful it sticks around.
tmontemb and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:16 am
yno

Programs: FB, Accor, Marriot
I could not find the flight CDG - IND. I guess covid came around... would anyone know whether this flight will ever resume? Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yno
I could not find the flight CDG - IND. I guess covid came around... would anyone know whether this flight will ever resume? Thanks
Anytime soon, no. Airlines are cutting flights now that most Americans can't enter Europe without restrictions again.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 4:49 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by yno
Think there were several of these routes around the country that have been paused. Example, CVG-CDG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.