Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AJC: "Delta to launch new credit card targeted at millennials"

AJC: "Delta to launch new credit card targeted at millennials"

Old Sep 10, 17, 10:37 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Options card is worse than this Blue card. Wonder if Amex will allow folks to switch.
What I read says that the blue is replacing the options in the product line and everyone will be moved over automatically.

Since options qualified for the MQD waiver, I would expect blue to as well, but one can never be sure.
Old Sep 16, 17, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bpe View Post
As a 20-something as well, this benefit advertised really appeals to me over all the other credit cards:

Seriously though, it wouldn't be bad at all for a first credit card for someone flying Delta a moderate amount, but it really doesn't stand out in any way either. I will just stick to my credit union which offers 1-2% actual cash back, far lower rates and fees, a few other things like no foreign transaction fees, for a very low annual fee.
DL Gold and Plat you can carry a balance if you want since it's an actual credit card. Not a huge benefit of the Blue I don't think.
Old Sep 16, 17, 10:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Plat
Delta to launch new credit card targeted at millennials.

Does that mean the statement gets sent to the parent's house?
hi55us likes this.
Old Sep 16, 17, 10:49 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
I cannot imagine advising anyone to get this card.

I disagree with a previous poster who said the $195 AF on the DL plat does not represent a good value. It is free checked luggage for a year and an economy ticket that could easily be worth $500. AND these tickets are now eligible for upgrades (both complimentary and purchased).

Even the gold card is a much better value for non-medallions because of the free luggage. At $95 AF you only need to fly 2 r/t a year with checked luggage and it pays for itself.

People in the category that this card is targeting are much better off with a non-branded card where the points can be spent anywhere.
silverthief2 and Renes Points like this.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Sep 16, 17 at 11:23 am
Old Sep 16, 17, 11:12 am

Programs: Burrito Elito
Based on the paperwork I got yesterday the blue will not quality for mqm waiver
Old Sep 16, 17, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by cordileran View Post
Based on the paperwork I got yesterday the blue will not quality for mqm waiver
Just got mine and if you read the MQM terms on DLs website it says the blue will only count for the MQD waiver if you also have a gold or plat card as well. I got the blue just in case I finally get rid of the gold for the annual fee
Old Sep 16, 17, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jk88usa View Post
Just got mine and if you read the MQM terms on DLs website it says the blue will only count for the MQD waiver if you also have a gold or plat card as well. I got the blue just in case I finally get rid of the gold for the annual fee
IMP the Platinum Delta card is the best value. The AF more than pays for itself if you utilize the benefits. If you are not able to utilize the benefits, then you are probably not flying often enough to justify an airline credit card in the first place.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: