Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyerWx
Hurricane Irma Travel Advisories for Delta:

Delta Travel Advisory Hurricane Irma

Updated as of 28 Sep 2017, 12:45pm EDT:

Affected Cities & Dates

Key West, FL (EYW)

Travel Dates: September 20- October 12, 2017 (New travel must originate on or before October 15, 2017)
---

Turks and Caicos, TC (PLS)

Travel Dates: September 5- October 31, 2017 (New travel must originate on or before October 31, 2018 )
---

San Juan, PR (SJU)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)

Travel Dates: September 5, 2017 - April 2, 2018 (New travel must originate on or before September 27, 2018 )
---

Albany, GA (ABY)
Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Augusta, GA (AGS)
Birmingham, AL (BHM)
Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Columbus, GA (CSG)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Dothan, AL (DHN)
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, FL (FLL)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Freeport, BS (FPO)
Gainesville, FL (GNV)
Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Huntsville, AL (HSV)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Key West, FL (EYW)
Marsh Harbour, BS (MHH)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Mobile, AL (MOB)
Montgomery, AL (MGM)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
Santiago, DO (STI)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
Tallahassee, FL (TLH)
Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater, FL (TPA)
Valdosta, GA (VLD)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

Travel Dates: September 6-20, 2017 (rebooked travel must begin by September 30th)
---

TEMPORARY BAGGAGE AND PET IN CABIN FEE WAIVER
Delta has put a temporary policy in place to waive all baggage and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from the following cities:
Brunswick, GA (BQK)
Charleston, SC (CHS)
Daytona Beach, FL (DAB)
Destin-Ft Walton Beach, FL (VPS)
Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL)
Fort Myers, FL (RSW)
Freeport, BS (FPO)
Gainesville, FL (GNV)
Georgetown, BS (GGT)
Havana, CU (HAV)
Jacksonville, FL (JAX)
Key West, FL (EYW)
Marsh Harbour, BS (MHH)
Melbourne, FL (MLB)
Miami, FL (MIA)
Nassau, BS (NAS)
Orlando, FL (MCO)
Panama City, FL (ECP)
Pensacola, FL (PNS)
Punta Cana, DO (PUJ)
San Juan, PR (SJU)
Santiago, DO (STI)
Sarasota/Bradenton, FL (SRQ)
Savannah, GA (SAV)
St. Croix, VI (STX)
St. Maarten, SX (SXM)
St. Thomas, VI (STT)
Tallahassee, FL (TLH)
Tampa, FL (TPA)
Turk Caicos ISLS, TC (PLS)
West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)

When you check in at the airport, Delta will waive all baggage fees and pet-in-cabin fees for customers traveling to or from the above cities now through September 15, 2017. There will be limitations to the amount of baggage that an aircraft can carry, and some or all of your luggage may not be able to be accommodated on your flight. In that event, please ask the Airport Customer Service representative if baggage that cannot be placed on your flight can be accommodated on a later flight. Pets traveling in the cabin must be properly contained in accordance with carry on policy.
Print Wikipost

Hurricane Irma Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by DerikG
Quick update on baggage fees exemption: Flew MSP-TPA on Saturday and back today Traveling with 2 50lb bags. Both trips required a conversation with checkin agent to let them know about Delta's baggage waiver until 9/15 from effected airports. Today, I was told the exemption ended 9/12 until we both pulled up Delta's statement that confirms it is 9/15. It took about 30 minutes to get to that point. I saw at least 20 other paying for bags while I was there as well. The agent finished with "you know more that we do" and then charged the next person a bag fee. Good times
That's sad. When good things go wrong I suppose.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
For the people living in the hurricane Irma effected area;
Have a vacation comming up, flying soonish to MCO from Europe, from there we will be driving to Fort Myers beach.
Looks like the airports are starting to operate normally and according schedule, that's nice to see. However i'm curious about the situation regarding supermarkets, restaurants and fuelstations.

Are they generally open, and if so are they well stocked? Or should i bring some supplies for the first couple of days until business is somewhat returned to 'normal'?
Fort Myers is on the other side of the peninsula from me, but Fort Lauderdale is more or less up and running. I think they've got it down to just 20% of Broward County without power and should be fully restored by the weekend, any of the grocery stores with power are fully up and running and mostly resupplied (although the Publix near me had no chicken when I went yesterday). Gas could be hit or miss for a bit, but unless you'll be here this weekend I think you'll be fine there.

Interestingly, the biggest issue for tourism here is that the hurricane blew like two feet of wet sand over A1A making it completely impassable across basically the entirety of the tourist area. They got it all scooped out and piled up on the beach though, it's a weird sight seeing sand dunes where people normally walk.

Fort Myers was obviously hit way harder than my side of Florida was but I believe FPL said power should be 100% restored on the west side of Florida by the 22nd so if you're coming around then or after you should be fine. As long as things have power, they'll typically be up and running in Florida unless they were just totally flooded. Can't imagine you will have any issues in the Orlando area at all after this weekend.

Having cash would probably be wise just to be on the safe side, but again if there is power it shouldn't be an issue. I've run into a few places in the FLL area where the card reader was either down or taking so long it wasn't worth waiting. I've also noticed cell service being hit or miss, I imagine because towers are overloaded carrying the burden of the towers without power. Unless you'll be in Florida within the next few days, I highly doubt it'll be a problem.

All in all, as long as where you're intending to stay is standing and open for business I doubt you'll run into any issues at all.
Grouchy likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Due to ongoing conditions in Key West, the waiver for EYW has been extended through October 12, 2017.

New travel must originate on or before October 15, 2017
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I am assuming that there are waivers for Maria. New thread? Update the title of this one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.