FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Mystery weather waiver for this weekend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1864618-mystery-weather-waiver-weekend.html)

dmac7273 Sep 1, 2017 10:32 am

Mystery weather waiver for this weekend

1 Attachment(s)
Hey FTers,

I just a few mins ago got both a text message and email about a weather waiver being issued for my travel this weekend which is ATL-JFK-MAD.

I called reservations as they suggested and they show no waiver being issued, but I was definitely contacted for one! Likewise, I don't see anything on their site for this route.

What should I make of this? Someone at Delta hit the wrong button and this was sent in error? Anyone ever had this happen before?

Thanks!

gregsfortytwo Sep 1, 2017 10:50 am

I got this as well for a transcon (from an international trip). I presume they sent out Harvey weather waiver notifications more widely than they should have.

757FO Sep 1, 2017 10:52 am

Possibly Hurricane Irma, which is causing some issues with the North Atlantic Tracks some flights take to Europe, although it is pretty south of the usual routes.

rylan Sep 1, 2017 11:10 am

Irma is way east of the Caribbean island chain in the middle of the atlantic. Should have no impact atlantic routing.

Only other thing I could think of is a possible wx waiver coming for JFK on Sun due to forecast heavy rain from the Harvey leftovers then.

dmac7273 Sep 1, 2017 11:25 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 28764972)
Irma is way east of the Caribbean island chain in the middle of the atlantic. Should have no impact atlantic routing.

Only other thing I could think of is a possible wx waiver coming for JFK on Sun due to forecast heavy rain from the Harvey leftovers then.

Wx waiver in JFK from Harvey leftovers would make sense, especially on timing with Sunday.

I just wish DL would acknowledge whether there is a waiver or if this is sent in error. If JFK is going to be a mess, I would like to get a jump on alternates right away!

james318 Sep 1, 2017 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by dmac7273 (Post 28765030)
Wx waiver in JFK from Harvey leftovers would make sense, especially on timing with Sunday.

I just wish DL would acknowledge whether there is a waiver or if this is sent in error. If JFK is going to be a mess, I would like to get a jump on alternates right away!

Enjoy MAD! I just returned from there. Amazing city.

The airport, however, drove me nuts.

dmac7273 Sep 1, 2017 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by james318 (Post 28765407)
Enjoy MAD! I just returned from there. Amazing city.

The airport, however, drove me nuts.

Thanks! Any tips for MAD? Haven't been there before.

zsmith2 Sep 1, 2017 1:45 pm

There is no waiver in place for NY and was sent in error.

tvtd Sep 1, 2017 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by zsmith2 (Post 28765609)
There is no waiver in place for NY and was sent in error.

"These are not the droids you're looking for"? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

HWGeeks Sep 1, 2017 2:21 pm

I would guess a bug as Harvey is headed towards chicago.

enjoy MAD last time I was there, I was mugged inside a mcdonalds by a gypsy

flyerCO Sep 1, 2017 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 28765754)
I would guess a bug as Harvey is headed towards chicago.

enjoy MAD last time I was there, I was mugged inside a mcdonalds by a gypsy

You mean you had a cultural exchange/experience with a nomadic local. :p

gregsfortytwo Sep 1, 2017 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo (Post 28764905)
I got this as well for a transcon (from an international trip). I presume they sent out Harvey weather waiver notifications more widely than they should have.

Yep, they sent out another message saying to disregard the previous one.

DL CORRECTION: Our apologies. Please disregard previous notice regarding weather. Please arrive to JFK early due to TSA construction. See delta.com/advisories

layble Sep 3, 2017 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo (Post 28767121)
Yep, they sent out another message saying to disregard the previous one.

It was indeed a bug, but I managed to change an itinerary because of it (after some convincing that the email did in fact exist even though there was no waiver in place). Managed to hop on a SEA-JFK direct flight on a Z ticket with full lie flats instead of a SEA-ATL-JFK flight with the ATL-JFK section being in coach. I feel as if I have drawn the Community Chest - Bank Error in your Favor card.