SkyClub for Phoenix now open 1/8/19

Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, US Silver, AA
SkyClub for Phoenix now open 1/8/19

Hi Friends!

I have exciting news for those who fly Delta to and from PHX.

A friend of mine and a Red Coat in Phoenix confirmed to me off the record that Delta will be getting a SkyClub sometime next year. This is somewhat not surprising given the fact that Phoenix had a SkyClub (CRC) in the past and Terminal 3 is being completely remodeled.

This is a developing story and I will provide more details as I receive them.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Jan 8, 2019 at 5:44 am Reason: now open
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
We've had such declarations in the past. While would be great, not holding breath.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Las Vegas needs one first
Seabilly and msp_based like this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by micstatic
Last time DL tried that, people constantly drank the bar dry, IIRC. There's no money to be made by putting a club there.

If they did open a SC at LAS, they probably couldn't do free house beverages.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by WWads
Last time DL tried that, people constantly drank the bar dry, IIRC. There's no money to be made by putting a club there.

If they did open a SC at LAS, they probably couldn't do free house beverages.
I am just happy they have the Centurion lounge now in LAS. No lounge (besides UA) was getting to be really annoying there.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
PHX trip coming up in October.... not holding my breath...
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Does bolding it make it more credible?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
It has been in the works for a long time. First said to open this November, now pushed back until sometime next year.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM United MM, Marriott P for life
It won't happen until the terminal construction is complete. PHX is very secretive about completion dates and usually gives only a month's notice. The airport web site says late 2018/early 2019 for Component 2 which is the likely home for the Club.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Spend a few dollars and get an AXP. Centurion lounge is way better than SC.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
The Skyharbor.com website talks about the modernization effort and says that the south concourse (being razed and rebuilt) should be finished in "late 2018 / early 2019". After that, the north concourse gets remodeled in 2020. So if your friend is right, and it would be nice if so, there are still a few years to go.

Since one of the long term goals is to also close T2, which has a United Club right now, I wonder if United will also build a club in T3, or if it will be a third party club that multiple airlines pay into (like DNATA in Singapore). The nice thing about the last option is that AS might get a chance extending the Board Room membership to PHX as well.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
AUS needs one far before LAS
DeltaFan4Now likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
The Skyharbor.com website talks about the modernization effort and says that the south concourse (being razed and rebuilt) should be finished in "late 2018 / early 2019". After that, the north concourse gets remodeled in 2020. So if your friend is right, and it would be nice if so, there are still a few years to go.

Since one of the long term goals is to also close T2, which has a United Club right now, I wonder if United will also build a club in T3, or if it will be a third party club that multiple airlines pay into (like DNATA in Singapore). The nice thing about the last option is that AS might get a chance extending the Board Room membership to PHX as well.
I hope the rumors are correct. The renovated T3 appears that it will be really nice. That said, I thought AS Board Room members could get into the United Club in T2. Maybe they will maintain the same arrangement in T3.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
PHX SC would be wonderful but I can't wait for more/better restaurants. The tequilria bar is getting old and always crowded.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:12 pm

LAS, IAH, AUS, MCI and IAD would all be great.

Sounds like PHX and CLT are indeed getting clubs. A big positive of all the domestic growth as of late is that Delta finally has the volume at some of the medium sized airports to (re-)open clubs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.