SkyClub planned for Phoenix

Reply

Old Aug 30, 17, 7:16 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: DCA
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,324
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
LAS, IAH, AUS, MCI and IAD would all be great.



Sounds like PHX and CLT are indeed getting clubs. A big positive of all the domestic growth as of late is that Delta finally has the volume at some of the medium sized airports to (re-)open clubs.
I don't really see IAH. No flights to LAX, SEA or JFK. Majority RJs too, IIRC. MCI won't happen until the new terminal is built. IAD is a small station, and there are plenty of PP options.

AUS seems to be the most likely on that list.
WWads is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 7:18 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Posts: 465
The Priority Pass club in PHX (terminal 4) is a pretty miserable experience, and a long haul from the DL gates.
boeingATL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 7:20 pm
  #18  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,293
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
LAS, IAH, AUS, MCI and IAD would all be great.



Sounds like PHX and CLT are indeed getting clubs. A big positive of all the domestic growth as of late is that Delta finally has the volume at some of the medium sized airports to (re-)open clubs.
Is there anything backing up either PHX or CLT (this one I've not heard about even as rumor)?

AUS we know is getting a lounge, which is assumed to be a DL SC. However all we know is its getting a lounge for sure, not which airline.
flyerCO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 7:29 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: MCO
Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Posts: 1,397
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Is there anything backing up either PHX or CLT (this one I've not heard about even as rumor)?
I saw the CLT SC rumor on another thread a while back stating that a GA in CLT said that DL would be moving to the new Concourse A Gates (scheduled to open next year) and there would be a SC in the new Concourse.
MCO Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 9:04 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Programs: Delta DM, MM United MM, Marriott P for life
Posts: 120
I believe the longer term plan for PHX is to rebuild the Terminal 3 North Concourse (where Delta is now) after the South Concourse is complete (2018/2019) and Delta moves to the South Concourse. Then move the airlines in Terminal 2 to the Terminal 3 North Concourse and close Terminal 2.
Bob111 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 11:30 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,091
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
I don't really see IAH. No flights to LAX, SEA or JFK. Majority RJs too, IIRC. MCI won't happen until the new terminal is built. IAD is a small station, and there are plenty of PP options.

AUS seems to be the most likely on that list.
SEA/LAX-IAH will happen at some point. SEA-DFW will come before SEA-IAH, but Houston is too large of a city for DL not to serve from its US hubs.

Like Dallas, I'd expect Houston to see a fair amount of CS flying bridging to and from the coasts.

We have slowly seen DL trying to offer a more robust offering out of AA/UA hubs and I expect that to continue. (same for AA/UA trying to offer more out of DL hubs)
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Is there anything backing up either PHX or CLT (this one I've not heard about even as rumor)?

AUS we know is getting a lounge, which is assumed to be a DL SC. However all we know is its getting a lounge for sure, not which airline.
I thought, but could be wrong, that someone on here the club space being built on the new gate expansion would be a SkyClub.
Dawgfan6291 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 17, 1:16 am
  #22  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 13,293
Originally Posted by Dawgfan6291 View Post
SEA/LAX-IAH will happen at some point. SEA-DFW will come before SEA-IAH, but Houston is too large of a city for DL not to serve from its US hubs.

Like Dallas, I'd expect Houston to see a fair amount of CS flying bridging to and from the coasts.

We have slowly seen DL trying to offer a more robust offering out of AA/UA hubs and I expect that to continue. (same for AA/UA trying to offer more out of DL hubs)


I thought, but could be wrong, that someone on here the club space being built on the new gate expansion would be a SkyClub.
It's assumed to be DL. However nothing offical. It could be third party or OAL (BA?).
flyerCO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 17, 7:27 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: DL, Hilton, SPG, National
Posts: 537
Two years ago a Red Coat in RIC tried to convince me they had been approved for a Sky Club and that it would be opening in a year. In RIC. And that was a Red Coat.

I laughed and told her that was impossible. She insisted it was true.

So I no longer believe anything until I see the signage in the club ready to greet me.
paterwdb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 17, 7:38 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz
Posts: 291
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
Last time DL tried that, people constantly drank the bar dry, IIRC. There's no money to be made by putting a club there.

If they did open a SC at LAS, they probably couldn't do free house beverages.

There are more business travelers going to vegas than most people think. Even independent of conventions.
micstatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 2:06 pm
  #25  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arizona
Programs: DL Silver, US Silver, AA
Posts: 51
I didn't say when

I never said WHEN the SC is planned. Like the other poster stated, it will most probably be dependent on terminal remodeling which means sometime in 2018 or maybe 2019. Nonetheless, I thought it was good news to know they didn't forget about PHX.

I agree: LAS desperately needs one.

And yes, bolding it makes it much more credible. Info is from red coat and confirmed with PHX station manager (both of whom are my personal friends). Customer care in ATL even echoed.
PHX777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 4:53 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL/UA G (SC/UC), B6 M, Marriott LTG, Omni PLT, Hyatt Exp, Fairmont Prem, Hilton G
Posts: 1,690
Originally Posted by paterwdb View Post
Two years ago a Red Coat in RIC tried to convince me they had been approved for a Sky Club and that it would be opening in a year. In RIC. And that was a Red Coat.

I laughed and told her that was impossible. She insisted it was true.

So I no longer believe anything until I see the signage in the club ready to greet me.
I've been back and forth on DL to RIC multiple times in August and looks like more in September and for some reason, I thought there was an Admiral's Club. Last month at check in, the DL GA said that the restaurants/bars in the airport don't want any competition, so they're using whatever clout they have to influence the airport authority. And man does it show, the restaurants/bars are depressing and ridiculously overpriced.

/// Re PHX...

Given the distance from PHX to DTW, ATL, etc. I would think PHX could benefit from an SC. The Admiral's Clubs (even the renovated ones) aren't great and the PP lounge is a dump. Before a mid-con, it's always nice to stop in the lounge for a drink or snack.
CHOPCHOP767 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 7:33 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MEL
Programs: VA-PLT, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLTAM
Posts: 6,798
Originally Posted by PHX777 View Post
Hi Friends!

I have exciting news for those who fly Delta to and from PHX.
More accurately you have a rumor and based on past rumors that didn't pan out, it isn't all that exciting.
CPMaverick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 7:36 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: DCA
Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,324
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767 View Post
I've been back and forth on DL to RIC multiple times in August and looks like more in September and for some reason, I thought there was an Admiral's Club. Last month at check in, the DL GA said that the restaurants/bars in the airport don't want any competition, so they're using whatever clout they have to influence the airport authority. And man does it show, the restaurants/bars are depressing and ridiculously overpriced.

/// Re PHX...

Given the distance from PHX to DTW, ATL, etc. I would think PHX could benefit from an SC. The Admiral's Clubs (even the renovated ones) aren't great and the PP lounge is a dump. Before a mid-con, it's always nice to stop in the lounge for a drink or snack.
RIC is borderline, but I think it could potentially warrant a club. It's an elite-heavy station, and DL has a relatively significant presence for an airport of RIC's size.

I think a PP lounge is more likely. The terrible restaurants there can screw off.
WWads is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 7:56 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,419
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
Last time DL tried that, people constantly drank the bar dry, IIRC. There's no money to be made by putting a club there.

If they did open a SC at LAS, they probably couldn't do free house beverages.
This seems weird. Plenty of people want to get drunk on their way to LAS, but how often do people want to get drunk on their way *out* of Vegas?
steveholt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 17, 8:45 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Canada
Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Posts: 2,478
Originally Posted by vincentharris View Post
I am just happy they have the Centurion lounge now in LAS. No lounge (besides UA) was getting to be really annoying there.
LAS Centurion lounge is great addition. But man, does that place get busy. I have visted early morning, late morning, and late evening - it's always been completely packed to the gills. One morning I visited just a few weeks ago, the line to get in was about 20 people long and snaked well out into the concourse.
SamuelS is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: