Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub for Phoenix now open 1/8/19

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 5:41 am

Greetings from the grand opening of the PHX SkyClub!
Just a quick stop in to check it out. While not the largest club by any stretch it is put together very well with plenty of space for an outstation lounge like PHX. Definitely one of the nicer designs I have seen as it should be being brand new in a new terminal.
Pretty good (and tasty!) breakfast choices this morning and a very festive grand opening attitude by the staff.
Definitely a winner for everyone PHX based and passing through in my opinion

The whole new terminal 3 south concourse is an impossibly large upgrade from the previous councourse. Beautiful terminal. Really nice wide open space and lighting. And of course no more Wendys or mexican restaurant as our only choices anymore!

Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
Wonderful news and looks nice ! It was definitely needed there ... will now gladly choose PHX over TUS.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM
So happy! It has been too long since there has been a club in PHX. I know it is heavy leisure, but there is also sizable business travel to the Valley of The Sun
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:30 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Will be in there tomorrow at 6am if anyone has any questions!!!!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:55 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Color me impressed!

I don’t fly DL much anymore as most of travel is international and OneWorld’s FC Lounges @ LAX, HKG, & LHR are infinitely better than anything SkyTeam offers (No I have never flown AF F), and AA’s international upgrade 25k mi+$350 co-pay is available on 95% of the flights I’ve done.

I must admit that the new PHX SkyClub is pretty impressive!!!!

Will they have the same food at T2 LAX? We are headed there now for a quick layover before HND.

great job, DL. The food was top notch!!!

Pics aren’t attaching for some reason.

Last edited by 355F1; Jan 9, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sksys1
The whole new terminal 3 south concourse is an impossibly large upgrade from the previous councourse. Beautiful terminal. Really nice wide open space and lighting. And of course no more Wendys or mexican restaurant as our only choices anymore!
That's right! The north concourse is closed. They will begin renovation and it will completed in 2020.

We have more pics a new T3S concourse. So today, I went to PHX airport to meet Delta station manager and he grant me a permission to go into a new concourse tour. I have stay with him. He's very nice guy.

Wow! More new restaurants!

To the new concourse F.

Concourse F gates.

retail shops.

Mustache pretzels.

More new fast-foods.

This is only for commuter gate.

Wow! More new restaurant.

Do you remember where old escalators? This is where they used to be. So now, it's gone!

Coming soon.

New concourse F.

More new concessions. They have Habit, Chopshop, and etc.

This is exiting from the terminals.

This is new concourse F gate.

Escalators down to the baggage claim.

This is all!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
Could this be a precursor to Delta adding more regional flights to/from PHX, or nah? Maybe a PHX-LAS or PHX-SAN route?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I don't know why DL would add a lounge to support short-haul, low price flights competing against cars (and WN). PHX-SEA (now only 4x 717) or PHX-BOS seem more plausible to me.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SecurityTheaterFanClubPresident
Could this be a precursor to Delta adding more regional flights to/from PHX, or nah? Maybe a PHX-LAS or PHX-SAN route?
Yes, it will happens. Probably not for a while. Right now, both WN & AA has already flown. I don't think they have enough more competitive against AA & WN. The ticket price is very extremely expensive. There's no cheap price for all those years.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
I had a chance to visit the new club on Wednesday, the second day of operation. The club is really nice. I got there as they were transitioning from breakfast to lunch. It was obvious that some of the food service people have not yet gotten their "sea legs" but there was (what appeard to be) a food and beverage manager working out the kinks with the employees. What lacked in terms of being polished was more than made up for in smiles and employees walking around to make sure that customers found everything that they needed. The food looked and tasted great and had some southwestern "flair".

The new modern facilities in Terminal 3 along with the DL club are going to steer (even) more of my flying to Delta. I hope DL is anticipating expansion in PHX. I'd love it if they started to fly to LAS and SAN, both destinations that I currently have to fly to regularly.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Photos look nice, thanks to everyone who shared them. San Tan Brewing is a great choice.

I can't be sure from the photos but I'm not seeing those under-seat charging plugs in the gate area and I hope I'm wrong.
N830MH likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
Photos look nice, thanks to everyone who shared them. San Tan Brewing is a great choice.

I can't be sure from the photos but I'm not seeing those under-seat charging plugs in the gate area and I hope I'm wrong.
Plugs are under the armrests
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by sksys1
Plugs are under the armrests
Thanks!
Old May 6, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
Not a big PHX flyer however unless I missed it when walking around the other day the lack of SkyClub signage was quite cumbersome for a first time flyer at that terminal. The only sign that I saw referencing the Airline Club was further down (F8?) and there wasn’t much else either in the terminal or readily online by a quick google search which identified where the club was.

Old May 6, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BuffaloBills10
Not a big PHX flyer however unless I missed it when walking around the other day the lack of SkyClub signage was quite cumbersome for a first time flyer at that terminal. The only sign that I saw referencing the Airline Club was further down (F8?) and there wasn’t much else either in the terminal or readily online by a quick google search which identified where the club was.

Yes it is. SkyClub is in the end of concourse F. I haven't visit SkyClub yet. You are always welcome. If you are Silver, Gold or Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.