Mystery DL flight # to ATL.

Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I would have loved to have been on that empty 757 on OAK-SFO. That would be a wild ride! I'm counting on being the only person on the MD-88 and 757 retirement flights. Both aircraft types get a lot of hate on here but they are two of my favorites.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Originally Posted by nichojo
You don't get to be a "legend" by keeping quiet.
"Well-behaved people don't make history"
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:55 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by audidudi
Nope! But I did get upgraded to FC at the boarding gate!
Yay!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I would have loved to have been on that empty 757 on OAK-SFO. That would be a wild ride! I'm counting on being the only person on the MD-88 and 757 retirement flights. Both aircraft types get a lot of hate on here but they are two of my favorites.
Who hates on the 757? I think this is widely considered a domestic favorite, especially in F with the 2L entrance.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
The same flight number DL 8875 is going to fly tonight from SFO at 20:30, arriving OAK at 20:33. I assume this is to position for the Seahawks players back to Seattle?

I find it interesting that DL is using a regular 757 for Seahawks team. DL has a charter plane for LA Lakers, where all seats are First. For the Seahawks team, who gets upgrades to First or C+ lol?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Who hates on the 757? I think this is widely considered a domestic favorite, especially in F with the 2L entrance.
Well lots of people here seem to hate the 737 and the 757 shares the same fuselage. I've been told by several people how lucky MCO is to have hourly A321's to ATL. I hate it. The 757 is the most capable subsonic passenger narrowbody aircraft ever designed.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Well lots of people here seem to hate the 737 and the 757 shares the same fuselage. I've been told by several people how lucky MCO is to have hourly A321's to ATL. I hate it. The 757 is the most capable subsonic passenger narrowbody aircraft ever designed.
^ It was even better before when DL didn't cram C+ between FC and L2
davetravels and jrl767 like this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Ayase
The same flight number DL 8875 is going to fly tonight from SFO at 20:30, arriving OAK at 20:33. I assume this is to position for the Seahawks players back to Seattle?

I find it interesting that DL is using a regular 757 for Seahawks team. DL has a charter plane for LA Lakers, where all seats are First. For the Seahawks team, who gets upgrades to First or C+ lol?
And this time the flights were operated by B763ER N1501P, which earlier had flown DL 439 from JFK>SFO, then as DL 8875 from SFO>OAK>SEA>SFO!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N1501P
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Well lots of people here seem to hate the 737 and the 757 shares the same fuselage. .
I've never seen the fuselage mentioned. And I don't think people dislike 737's in general, they dislike the 737-900 because of the cabin layout that DL installed and also because of speed.

In general almost everyone on FT, IME, loves the 757, because of the door at 2L making F feel more private, because of the amazing amount of room in the Y bulk head exit row, because of having mid-cabin lavs so there are not long lines or waits for carts to clear. Also because of it's size, it feels more spacious because of the length, especially for a single aisle. In fact, I have seen many, many posts of where people wish that Boeing would bring back the 757 program.
davetravels likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I've never seen the fuselage mentioned. And I don't think people dislike 737's in general, they dislike the 737-900 because of the cabin layout that DL installed and also because of speed.

In general almost everyone on FT, IME, loves the 757, because of the door at 2L making F feel more private, because of the amazing amount of room in the Y bulk head exit row, because of having mid-cabin lavs so there are not long lines or waits for carts to clear. Also because of it's size, it feels more spacious because of the length, especially for a single aisle. In fact, I have seen many, many posts of where people wish that Boeing would bring back the 757 program.
I believe the 797 is Boeings response to bringing back 757.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.