Wiki Posts
Search

Fly Now Earn Later Promo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Fly Now Earn Later Promo

Interesting way for Delta to charge 2.5˘/mile...

Originally Posted by Delta/AMEXpromo
Eligibility
Eligible Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card Members must be in good standing to access Fly Now, Earn Later. If you qualify to access Fly Now, Earn Later, the maximum number of miles you can be advanced is based on several factors including Card activity. You may have only one (1) Fly Now, Earn Later Balance outstanding at any time.

The Fly Now, Earn Later Start Date is defined as the date that advanced miles are posted to your Delta SkyMiles account. The Fly Now, Earn Later End Date is defined as the last day of the sixth full billing period following the Start Date. If, on the End Date, there are miles remaining in your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance, then your Card account will be charged for those remaining miles at a rate of $0.025 per mile. The APR for this charge will be the standard purchase APR on your account, which varies with the Prime Rate. If you do not see the advanced miles posted to your Delta SkyMiles account immediately, please allow up to 72 hours. Any miles advanced cannot be returned or transferred and are subject to Delta SkyMiles terms and conditions. See full program rules here.

Earning and Purchasing of Miles
When you activate Fly Now, Earn Later on your Card, your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance is equal to the total number of miles advanced. As you earn, receive, or are awarded miles on your Card, those miles are automatically applied to your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance and will decrease the Fly Now, Earn Later Balance amount. Miles applied to your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance include (1) miles earned through spending on eligible purchases on your Card, (2) Bonus miles that may be awarded through Miles Boost or other promotions, and (3) miles that may be received from goodwill adjustments or reinstatements. Eligible purchases mean purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers (balance transfers are not available on Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Cards), cash advances, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Only miles earned, awarded, or received on the Card you selected for Fly Now, Earn Later will be applied to your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance. Your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance will be updated each billing period to reflect miles earned, awarded, and received during that billing period. You can view your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance online.

If, on the End Date, the miles earned, received, or awarded to your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance equal or exceed the number of miles advanced, there will be no charge for advanced miles. If, on the End Date, there are miles remaining in your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance, your Card account will be charged for those remaining miles at a rate of $0.025 per mile. You will not earn miles on this charge. American Express reserves the right to change, modify or revoke the terms of this offer at any time without notice.

If your Card account is cancelled anytime between the Start Date and the End Date, any miles remaining in your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance at the time of cancellation will be charged to your Card account at a rate of $0.025 per mile. If your Card account enters bankruptcy status or hardship status anytime between the Start Date and the End Date, any miles remaining in your Fly Now, Earn Later Balance at that time will be charged to the Card account at a rate of $0.025 per mile.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL exDM MM
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Only if your spending is less than you predicted...
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by captiveguru
Only if your spending is less than you predicted...
Fortunately the Amex's of the world have millions of idiot customers that screw up and pay absurd rates for the (miss)use of the card.

This allows the rational folk to pocket some freebies at no cost.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Big ripoff IMHO.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Big ripoff IMHO.
Not really sure how it's a ripoff considering you are just using the miles you earn (if you do it properly)
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Got the email. Doesn't interest me but could see it being worthwhile.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I just don't understand!!!

Who in the heck sits in a meeting room or office and comes up with this CRAP????????
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by 355F1

Who in the heck sits in a meeting room or office and comes up with this CRAP????????
The people that count on the stupidity of humanity and the same type of people that keep pushing bonds for everything that there isn't enough money for.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by 355F1

ISTR several threads where people asked essentially "I want to book an award ticket requiring NNNNN number of pesos but I am some small number short, what can I do?"

So it hardly seems like a ridiculous idea.

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
The people that count on the stupidity of humanity and the same type of people that keep pushing bonds for everything that there isn't enough money for.
Also this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Just used this for the first time- had been spending down my miles balance this year for assorted family stuff, and was 2K short of another award ticket I wanted. I'll put more than that through the card by the close of next billing cycle, and it sure beats buying the miles instead, so call it very useful in certain limited circumstances, provided you don't so something stupid.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Interesting. You're borrowing the miles from AmEx and not DL. In fact, miles earned by flying don't reduce the amount of miles you've borrowed, just miles earned through the credit card.
Old May 28, 2018, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
It looks to me like Amex is getting the money, not Delta. Amex buys miles from Delta (or is still sitting on a ton of them from financing Delta a few years back).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.