Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre - didn't get due to DL glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by mnbp
Obviously, you can choose to fight the middle name vs middle initial issue if you like. My thought is simply that life's too short - exact matches on names in SFPD fields is the best/easiest way to get TSA Pre consistently.

Good luck!
I'm really not trying to fight giving my middle name, I'm trying to figure out what the issue is. Not the biggest issue in the world, but irritating. Thx for the help!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Resolved - not exactly

I think that Often1 guessed correctly - looks like it will remain a mystery. My return flight yesterday was TSA Pre, and my flight tomorrow is as well, and I haven't done anything to change my info (not that I changed it before).

Thanks for all of those who tried to figure out the issue.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:01 am

I just had the same problem with Delta and didn’t realize it until I got into TSA PreCheck, and had to then wait in another security line. My sky miles account already has my KTN number which should’ve been linked to my flight. This was so annoying and sent a complaint to Delta.

Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
Friday morning I went to check in through Clear + TSA Pre in ATL. I was booted because I didn't have TSA Pre on my BP. (I don't even look anymore.) I figured that it was part of the randomness of the program, and not a big deal (once out of 100 segments this year). The CLEAR rep, however, said that I could just go back to the check-in desk and have it "fixed". I figured she didn't know how the program worked, so I just proceeded through CLEAR at the South Terminal without TSA Pre. (It was pretty quick.)

On my return flight from BNA, I noticed that I didn't get TSA Pre again. I then went to the check-in desk and the agent told me my KTN was incorrect in my profile (I haven't changed anything). He "fixed it" (luckily I keep my KTN on my phone), issued a new BP with TSA Pre and cautioned me to fix my profile.

When I got home, I confirmed my KTN was correct in my profile, and was also correct in my work travel program. I called the DM line and the woman confirmed my KTN was listed correctly in all my upcoming flights.

This morning I checked in for flights tomorrow, and didn't get TSA Pre. I called the DM line again and was told my middle initial was missing (it wasn't - it has always been there) and the discrepancy caused the problem with TSA. He unchecked me, entered (re-entered) my middle initial, and now I have TSA Pre for tomorrow. He said he would call TSA to figure out the problem, but I thought it merited a warning in case this is more than just a problem for me - or in case someone else can shed light on the issue.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:24 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
You probably have a mismatch between how your name is listed on your TSA profile and how it's listed in your PNR. 95% of the time that people run into this situation it's because of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.