New Delta One Tumi Amenity Kits

Old Aug 23, 17, 7:51 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: TUS
Programs: DL EK QR TK
Posts: 112
New Delta One Tumi Amenity Kits

http://news.delta.com/personalize-sk...i-amenity-kits
SKOOBDO is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 8:04 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maryland
Programs: DL-Diamond
Posts: 414
I like the hard shelled one

The monogramming thing is interesting....

Hope they are available by my D1 flight in October
Keith2004 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 8:27 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: OKC
Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Posts: 6,646
I look forward to trying the new merchandise with several upcoming D1 flights starting 9/13/17 with DTW-PVG.
Xeno is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 1:28 pm
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
So that's like the third or fourth version. I'm still getting circa 2014 amenity kits that supposedly were replaced with newer designs two or three years ago. I should probably start checking the expiration date on the mouthwash.

By the way, I donate all of my amenity kits to the homeless shelter. The men there use them to store their toothbrush and so forth.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 2:23 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hands of Fate
Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Posts: 4,923
Lots of interesting details in that press release.

"Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way."

Interesting that they specifically mention collections here... I wonder how many people have stacks of these things at home? Looking forward to the complaints "I got a silver kit on my flight to the US... ...?".

"Complimentary monogramming will be available at any TUMI retail store aside from airport or outlet locations. Customers should bring the patch, which is located inside the kits, to the store to be monogrammed."

Wow, really? Can I then post selfies of myself with it on social media, along with my brag tags and shiny new credit card?

"Customers in the Delta Premium Select cabin, which debuts on Delta’s first Airbus A350 this fall, will receive a soft TUMI blue pouch which includes Malin+Goetz vitamin B lotion, a dental kit featuring Colgate toothpaste, an eye mask, socks and ear plugs"

Not too surprising (W generally gets a less fancy kit), but I thought earlier PR implied a fuller kit?
bennos is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 2:41 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 23,757
Originally Posted by bennos View Post
Lots of interesting details in that press release.

"Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way."

Interesting that they specifically mention collections here... I wonder how many people have stacks of these things at home? Looking forward to the complaints "I got a silver kit on my flight to the US... ...?".

"Complimentary monogramming will be available at any TUMI retail store aside from airport or outlet locations. Customers should bring the patch, which is located inside the kits, to the store to be monogrammed."

Wow, really? Can I then post selfies of myself with it on social media, along with my brag tags and shiny new credit card?

"Customers in the Delta Premium Select cabin, which debuts on Delta’s first Airbus A350 this fall, will receive a soft TUMI blue pouch which includes Malin+Goetz vitamin B lotion, a dental kit featuring Colgate toothpaste, an eye mask, socks and ear plugs"

Not too surprising (W generally gets a less fancy kit), but I thought earlier PR implied a fuller kit?
I have litterally a couple of cases of these. I either give to employees, or give to mother to hand to patients at her hospital along with PJs for those in need.
SKOOBDO, ACCDraw and pitpit like this.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 3:09 pm
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by bennos View Post

"Customers in the Delta Premium Select cabin, which debuts on Delta’s first Airbus A350 this fall, will receive a soft TUMI blue pouch which includes Malin+Goetz vitamin B lotion, a dental kit featuring Colgate toothpaste, an eye mask, socks and ear plugs"
Sounds like they had a bunch of Malin+Goetz products (from the older business-class amenity kits) laying around in storage.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 3:10 pm
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I have litterally a couple of cases of these. I either give to employees, or give to mother to hand to patients at her hospital along with PJs for those in need.
I have a dozen in a box right now. I do a monthly donation of hotel toiletries, hotel/airline slippers, blankets from airlines, amenity kits and so forth to the homeless shelter.
andrewk829, SKOOBDO and EditingFX like this.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 3:50 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Programs: American Exec Plat, United 1k
Posts: 39
So, Delta 1 gets Crest toothpaste while Premium Select on the same flight gets Colgate? Guess they are even differentiating the toothpaste experience!
mayhem likes this.
jacket1 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:01 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hands of Fate
Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Posts: 4,923
While it's obviously all well and good to donate this stuff, when I read "Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way" and also the monogramming, it suggests a measurable portion of premium fliers are actually collecting these things (!!!)

This surprises me because IME I'm the only one taking them with me off the flight
bennos is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:19 pm
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by jacket1 View Post
So, Delta 1 gets Crest toothpaste while Premium Select on the same flight gets Colgate? Guess they are even differentiating the toothpaste experience!
Do they even pay for this stuff or do the brands donate it, hoping to get customers buying their full-size products at the store?
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:22 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Maryland
Programs: DL-Diamond
Posts: 414
Originally Posted by bennos View Post
While it's obviously all well and good to donate this stuff, when I read "Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way" and also the monogramming, it suggests a measurable portion of premium fliers are actually collecting these things (!!!)

This surprises me because IME I'm the only one taking them with me off the flight

I'm one of those people that take them and re-uses or collects them
Keith2004 is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:24 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 23,757
Originally Posted by bennos View Post
While it's obviously all well and good to donate this stuff, when I read "Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way" and also the monogramming, it suggests a measurable portion of premium fliers are actually collecting these things (!!!)

This surprises me because IME I'm the only one taking them with me off the flight
I know a few people that collect these, but it's usually one of each type per airline, not every one they get.

Also agree that lots don't use/take them. I normally grab the unused left behind kits on way off plane. (More to give away) Never failed in getting a couple extra.

I did notice that DTW baggage office gives these out for overnight distressed passengers. Curious if they'll use these new ones or the PS kits in future.
flyerCO is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:24 pm
  #14  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 6,334
Originally Posted by bennos View Post
This surprises me because IME I'm the only one taking them with me off the flight
I sometimes grab them from seats as I'm deplaning. Better me than the cleaning guy, who probably the unopened ones on eBay.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Old Aug 23, 17, 7:52 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: JFK, EWR, LGA
Programs: UA Premier Silver, Star Alliance Silver, jetBlue TrueBlue, CX Asia Miles, & Delta SkyMiles
Posts: 68
I flew JFK-SFO-JFK in D1 last week and got the new amenity kit on the first leg. I could tell it was new and the FA told me they just got them and was surprised I didn't see any press release regarding it. Strange how I got it a few weeks before the official launch date. The return flight had the current kit.

Xeno and CommentatusMaximus like this.
cxny1090 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread