Old Aug 23, 17, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL EK QR TK
New Delta One Tumi Amenity Kits

http://news.delta.com/personalize-sk...i-amenity-kits
Old Aug 23, 17, 8:04 am

Programs: DL-Diamond
I like the hard shelled one

The monogramming thing is interesting....

Hope they are available by my D1 flight in October
Old Aug 23, 17, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I look forward to trying the new merchandise with several upcoming D1 flights starting 9/13/17 with DTW-PVG.
Old Aug 23, 17, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
So that's like the third or fourth version. I'm still getting circa 2014 amenity kits that supposedly were replaced with newer designs two or three years ago. I should probably start checking the expiration date on the mouthwash.

By the way, I donate all of my amenity kits to the homeless shelter. The men there use them to store their toothbrush and so forth.
Old Aug 23, 17, 2:23 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
Lots of interesting details in that press release.

"Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way."

Interesting that they specifically mention collections here... I wonder how many people have stacks of these things at home? Looking forward to the complaints "I got a silver kit on my flight to the US... ...?".

"Complimentary monogramming will be available at any TUMI retail store aside from airport or outlet locations. Customers should bring the patch, which is located inside the kits, to the store to be monogrammed."

Wow, really? Can I then post selfies of myself with it on social media, along with my brag tags and shiny new credit card?

"Customers in the Delta Premium Select cabin, which debuts on Delta’s first Airbus A350 this fall, will receive a soft TUMI blue pouch which includes Malin+Goetz vitamin B lotion, a dental kit featuring Colgate toothpaste, an eye mask, socks and ear plugs"

Not too surprising (W generally gets a less fancy kit), but I thought earlier PR implied a fuller kit?
Old Aug 23, 17, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bennos View Post
Lots of interesting details in that press release.

"Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way."

Interesting that they specifically mention collections here... I wonder how many people have stacks of these things at home? Looking forward to the complaints "I got a silver kit on my flight to the US... ...?".

"Complimentary monogramming will be available at any TUMI retail store aside from airport or outlet locations. Customers should bring the patch, which is located inside the kits, to the store to be monogrammed."

Wow, really? Can I then post selfies of myself with it on social media, along with my brag tags and shiny new credit card?

"Customers in the Delta Premium Select cabin, which debuts on Delta’s first Airbus A350 this fall, will receive a soft TUMI blue pouch which includes Malin+Goetz vitamin B lotion, a dental kit featuring Colgate toothpaste, an eye mask, socks and ear plugs"

Not too surprising (W generally gets a less fancy kit), but I thought earlier PR implied a fuller kit?
I have litterally a couple of cases of these. I either give to employees, or give to mother to hand to patients at her hospital along with PJs for those in need.
SKOOBDO, ACCDraw and pitpit like this.
Old Aug 23, 17, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

Sounds like they had a bunch of Malin+Goetz products (from the older business-class amenity kits) laying around in storage.
Old Aug 23, 17, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I have litterally a couple of cases of these. I either give to employees, or give to mother to hand to patients at her hospital along with PJs for those in need.
I have a dozen in a box right now. I do a monthly donation of hotel toiletries, hotel/airline slippers, blankets from airlines, amenity kits and so forth to the homeless shelter.
andrewk829, SKOOBDO and EditingFX like this.
Old Aug 23, 17, 3:50 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, United 1k
So, Delta 1 gets Crest toothpaste while Premium Select on the same flight gets Colgate? Guess they are even differentiating the toothpaste experience!
mayhem likes this.
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:01 pm

Programs: MR LT(!)TE, DL PM MM, HTZ PC, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE, Uber Gold
While it's obviously all well and good to donate this stuff, when I read "Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way" and also the monogramming, it suggests a measurable portion of premium fliers are actually collecting these things (!!!)

This surprises me because IME I'm the only one taking them with me off the flight
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jacket1 View Post
So, Delta 1 gets Crest toothpaste while Premium Select on the same flight gets Colgate? Guess they are even differentiating the toothpaste experience!
Do they even pay for this stuff or do the brands donate it, hoping to get customers buying their full-size products at the store?
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond
While it's obviously all well and good to donate this stuff, when I read "Customers will enjoy a silver hard-sided amenity kit outbound from the U.S. and a soft-sided black amenity kit inbound to the U.S., allowing them to add variety to their amenity kit collection each way" and also the monogramming, it suggests a measurable portion of premium fliers are actually collecting these things (!!!)

This surprises me because IME I'm the only one taking them with me off the flight

I'm one of those people that take them and re-uses or collects them
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

I know a few people that collect these, but it's usually one of each type per airline, not every one they get.

Also agree that lots don't use/take them. I normally grab the unused left behind kits on way off plane. (More to give away) Never failed in getting a couple extra.

I did notice that DTW baggage office gives these out for overnight distressed passengers. Curious if they'll use these new ones or the PS kits in future.
Old Aug 23, 17, 4:24 pm
Suspended

I sometimes grab them from seats as I'm deplaning. Better me than the cleaning guy, who probably the unopened ones on eBay.
Old Aug 23, 17, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Star Alliance Silver, jetBlue TrueBlue, CX Asia Miles, & Delta SkyMiles
I flew JFK-SFO-JFK in D1 last week and got the new amenity kit on the first leg. I could tell it was new and the FA told me they just got them and was surprised I didn't see any press release regarding it. Strange how I got it a few weeks before the official launch date. The return flight had the current kit.

Xeno and CommentatusMaximus like this.

Search this Thread