FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   layover lounge for 3 in JFK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1862552-layover-lounge-3-jfk.html)

bgalakazam Aug 22, 2017 2:12 pm

layover lounge for 3 in JFK

Hi forum, need an advise as I haven't been through JFK. We are doing CLT-JFK-CDG-SOF with my wife and 1 year old lap infant. I have the Amex Platinum so I have access to these lounges:

Air France Lounge , Terminal 1 , Priority Pass
Kal Business Class Lounge, Terminal 1 , Priority Pass
Delta Sky Club , Terminal 2 , Delta
Delta Sky Club , Terminal 4 , Delta
Wingtips Lounge , Terminal 4 , Priority Pass
Airspace Lounge , Terminal 5 , Airspace

I see there is a Terminal 2 and 4 Delta lounge as well as airspace in 5. There is also an Air France lounge in 1, but 06:00 - 13:30 & 23:00 - 01:15 daily so out of the question. Kal Business Class Lounge also in 1 for flights departing from there.

Which would you recommend? We have a 4:16hr layover and will need some time to move through with a stroller.

Not showing the terminals on my booking, but these are the flights:
DL3382 CLT-JFK
DL0404 JFK-CDG

Thanks!

xliioper Aug 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Just so you are aware, you'll have to pay $29 for your wife to use the DL Sky Clubs while there would be no charge for the Wingtips lounge as new Amex PP Select membership allows two free guests. You'll have to exit and reclear security for anything not in T2/T4.

ncwillett Aug 22, 2017 2:44 pm

LBJ is correct; your platinum Amex will get you in but not a guest. Unless your tickets are business class? I assume you're on a Delta flight since your posted in this forum? If so, I'd stick the Sky Club in T4 and just pay the $29 (if tickets are in coach) for your wife. It's big, and you won't have the hassle and extra time needed to transfer between terminals landside.

exwannabe Aug 22, 2017 4:30 pm

You will be departing out of T4 for certain, so I would lounge there.

No comment on Wingtips as I have never used it.

SDQBound Aug 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by bgalakazam (Post 28722446)
Hi forum, need an advise as I haven't been through JFK. We are doing CLT-JFK-CDG-SOF with my wife and 1 year old lap infant. I have the Amex Platinum so I have access to these lounges:

Air France Lounge , Terminal 1 , Priority Pass
Kal Business Class Lounge, Terminal 1 , Priority Pass
Delta Sky Club , Terminal 2 , Delta
Delta Sky Club , Terminal 4 , Delta
Wingtips Lounge , Terminal 4 , Priority Pass
Airspace Lounge , Terminal 5 , Airspace

I see there is a Terminal 2 and 4 Delta lounge as well as airspace in 5. There is also an Air France lounge in 1, but 06:00 - 13:30 & 23:00 - 01:15 daily so out of the question. Kal Business Class Lounge also in 1 for flights departing from there.

Which would you recommend? We have a 4:16hr layover and will need some time to move through with a stroller.

Not showing the terminals on my booking, but these are the flights:
DL3382 CLT-JFK
DL0404 JFK-CDG

Thanks!

You will not have access to any lounge outside of T2/T4, so forget about the Air France Lounge in T1 and Airspace lounge in T5.

Zorak Aug 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Here's some recent discussion of Wingtips, with photos:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post27929673

The Sky Club is nicer, at the cost of the guest fee, so it really comes down to personal preferences/priorities.

bgalakazam Sep 3, 2017 2:28 pm

Went to the Sky Club. Deifnitely worth the $29 guest fee. Good food and space armosphere. Omw to CDG to hit the next lounge.

MSPeconomist Sep 3, 2017 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 28722471)
Just so you are aware, you'll have to pay $29 for your wife to use the DL Sky Clubs while there would be no charge for the Wingtips lounge as new Amex PP Select membership allows two free guests. You'll have to exit and reclear security for anything not in T2/T4.

Wouldn't that be $58 for wife and kid?