Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1A or 77A on 747

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

1A or 77A on 747

flying out of DTW to ICN next week. it has been a while since i was in the lower cabin. suggestions? 1A or 77A?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
There are several threads on this topic. The general consensus is that the upper deck is better. Some prefer row 1 when flying with a spouse. My preference is upper deck - always
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO 1A is very close to 1K. They're good for people traveling together, or if the other seat of this pair is empty, but not otherwise.

Otherwise, the disadvantages of the upper deck are the steep stairs (and sometimes being stuck standing there with your carry on items) and usually deplaning late. Upper deck is not good for those with limited mobility or lots of carry on stuff.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Search is your friend.

Too lazy; didn't search: Both are awesome, just pick one. Though I prefer the private feel of the U/D and 1A doesn't curve that much IMO to make it worth it (not to mention you are weirdly close to your neighbor).
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:36 am
Original Poster

personally i preferred the upper deck, but it has been years since i was last on 747's 1A. wasn't sure it i should make that my last 747 flight with delta before they switch to 350.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:09 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Some of the Numerous Existing Threads on This Topic

In Delta One on 747 -- Should I pick seat 1A or upper deck?
747-400 Upstairs or Downstairs
747- upstairs or not?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...k-up-down.html
Delta One on the 747
Delta 747-400 Business class Lower Deck.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ess-class.html
Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I prefer 1A/1K because of the closet, which is hardly used. I always put my bag in the closet. Also, the extra pillows and blankets are located there, making it easy to grab an extra instead of bugging a flight attendant.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by frankflieslots
flying out of DTW to ICN next week. it has been a while since i was in the lower cabin. suggestions? 1A or 77A?
Go for the upper deck, feels more spacious than the narrow nose of the 747
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I did 77A on NRT-DTW and loved it for all the reasons you'll find mentioned in this thread or any other on the topic. The upper deck is very private and has 2 lavs for 14 passengers (plus the FAs and pilots), making for a great ratio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.