Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What do Compensation Miles count for in MM status

Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:07 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life

This question is somewhat unique to a small percentage of us

I don't care about my mileage quantity for free tickets since I prefer to buy paid fares. However I do care about moving up a notch in the Medallion, program to ease the burden of flying.

Delta is offering me 15k miles as credit for poor service. Will these miles typically count towards my million miler status or can I negotiate for a better deal in getting them to count .( Note I'm not asking about yearly counts toward medallion but just mm status)

My simple look at this is that they are an offer for compensation and therefor I have some room for negotiation if it doesn't involve money rebates.

If I ask in negotiating, what terminology should I use that would define such mileage as counting towards MM status?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
They are RDMs only. I have yet to experience of hear of MQMs (MM qualifying) being offered as a CS gesture.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
MQM are what counted. They're not offered as compensation.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
in IROPS recovery you can generally request Original Routing Crefit (ORC) if the MQM would be to your advantage, but as ekozie and flyerCO stated, Delta seldom if ever offers anything except redeemable miles (RDM) as compensation or a CS gesture
Old Aug 22, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
LOL at OP thinking this is some master negotiation

There is no way they will offer you MQMs or anything that accrues mileage for status-earning purposes as compensation for a service issue. They never have for anyone and never will.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:00 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
LOL at OP thinking this is some master negotiation

There is no way they will offer you MQMs or anything that accrues mileage for status-earning purposes as compensation for a service issue. They never have for anyone and never will.
True.

But the OP could likely get a $150 credit voucher instead of the miles and then use that on their next ticket purchase. Purchases with credit vouchers do earn MQMs (and thus MM) credit.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
True.

But the OP could likely get a $150 credit voucher instead of the miles and then use that on their next ticket purchase. Purchases with credit vouchers do earn MQMs (and thus MM) credit.
With a DL AmEx card, RDMs can be used for pay with miles tickets which earn MQMs too.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:25 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With a DL AmEx card, RDMs can be used for pay with miles tickets which earn MQMs too.
That's a good point. I usually opt for the credit voucher but will need to remember that it may not matter (still new to holding the Amex).

I guess one could try for a $200 voucher instead of 15,000 miles.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:48 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Vouchers expire, RDMs don't.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.