Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone use USMobile/Ipass for inflight wifi @ $10/month?

Anyone use USMobile/Ipass for inflight wifi @ $10/month?

Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Usmobile (iPass) worked on a DL flight from AMS-ATL - but it took an hour to activate (while paying for one hour gogo air). I had to chat with Gogo, USmobile and iPass to activate the account/purchase code that they give you. iPass chat support was fantastic. USmobile simply said call iPass - not our problem. Gogo was kind enough to give me a credit for one hour free session - even though it wasn't their problem.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
I have a regular GoGo subscription, but signed up with USMobile as an experiment. I've been on 8 domestic segments are 4 overseas long-haul segments in the past few weeks and the USMobile plan has worked great on all flights. I've not used my GoGo login at all for these flights.

I'm thinking of cancelling my $69/month GoGo account and getting two $10 USMobile accounts for my tablet and laptop.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: DL DM
My first month of the $10 USMobile expires today, so I went to the site to renew. The renew button is now "Join Waiting List" - apparently they are "sold out" and now you have to joint the waiting list to get back on. As far as I can tell, even having an existing plan doesn't grandfather you in.

This sucks, since I've been using the wifi plan on my flights without issuse.

DB
kthomas likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by dberke
My first month of the $10 USMobile expires today, so I went to the site to renew. The renew button is now "Join Waiting List" - apparently they are "sold out" and now you have to joint the waiting list to get back on. As far as I can tell, even having an existing plan doesn't grandfather you in.

This sucks, since I've been using the wifi plan on my flights without issuse.

DB
Like stories are being told in a US Mobile iPass thread in Travel Technology. Bad news, indeed.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:49 pm

Anyone have alternatives? the CPH wiif doesn't really work or so i read
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
My work will pay for a GoGo subscription yet I continue to try and get this US Mobile subscription to work. I like a good deal!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Iíll sure miss this deal, got it days before it died. Over the North Atlantic right now and the connection has been generally faster than on my recent domestic legs.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I miss the IPass as well but at least messaging is free now on Delta.

Only issue I had with IPass was at the Hilton in SF. For some reason Ipass was able to connect to their WIFI automatically and I couldn't figure out how to disconnect from the Ipass connection so I could enter my credentials with Hilton to get the premium WIFI.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I miss the IPass as well but at least messaging is free now on Delta.

Only issue I had with IPass was at the Hilton in SF. For some reason Ipass was able to connect to their WIFI automatically and I couldn't figure out how to disconnect from the Ipass connection so I could enter my credentials with Hilton to get the premium WIFI.
I had that problem with a Marriott downtown PVG. However, I quickly learned that the iOS iPass app makes it easy to not auto-login to various Wifis like Marriott and Hilton.

My account is not currently active but when I reactivate in a few days I can write up details of what to do in the settings.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Xeno
I had that problem with a Marriott downtown PVG. However, I quickly learned that the iOS iPass app makes it easy to not auto-login to various Wifis like Marriott and Hilton.

My account is not currently active but when I reactivate in a few days I can write up details of what to do in the settings.
How are you able to reactivate it? I tried to reactivate mine and got a message that the offer is sold out and the option to be put on a waiting list.
kthomas likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
How are you able to reactivate it? I tried to reactivate mine and got a message that the offer is sold out and the option to be put on a waiting list.
I got my office to sign up enough people to qualify for the $25 per month. Sorry, I did not mean to imply that I got another $10 a month US Mobile iPass.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
I got my office to sign up enough people to qualify for the $25 per month. Sorry, I did not mean to imply that I got another $10 a month US Mobile iPass.
Please explain!
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by David Carabetta
Another option that I found and have yet to test would be to sign up with the Copenhagen airport wifi service. Instead of just a 30 day plan like USMobile, they have 1, 2, 3 and 6 month plans. The 6 month plan works out to 10 euro per month, but has the benefit of including 3 devices instead of just 1.

https://cphtravelwifi.dk/
FWIW: I was just able to complete this form by using a card that bills to my address in Mexico City. US cards seem to fail. Good luck.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Like stories are being told in a US Mobile iPass thread in Travel Technology. Bad news, indeed.
Yup. ... found that out today when I went to renew mine. Ugh.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by kthomas
FWIW: I was just able to complete this form by using a card that bills to my address in Mexico City. US cards seem to fail. Good luck.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...avel-wifi.html

This thread or a one like the current thread on Travel Technology could have saved you some money.

In terms of iPass, one can contact them directly to determine what options work best for a particular company.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.