Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone use USMobile/Ipass for inflight wifi @ $10/month?

Anyone use USMobile/Ipass for inflight wifi @ $10/month?

Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Which application for USMobile?

What's the app in the store for US Mobile access? It says the iPass app, but that doesn't seem to work with just email and password for your US Mobile account ... ?

UPDATE: That's the app, you link it to the one-month account by logging on on the web CP for US Mobile, the process is rather odd (goto "renew account" to configure, at least on Android, and it will get you set up). I'll report back on this and the Copenhagen plan; my Mexico-based credit card will also not work with the commerce gateway Copenhagen is using.

Last edited by kthomas; Sep 1, 2017 at 10:55 pm Reason: // UPDATE
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
It has worked for me on 1 of 4 DL domestic flights, and 1 of 2 VS international flights. Have reported my experiences to gogo and ipass, and they have concluded that the latest ipass app software version 3.16.3 released a couple of days ago should address the connection issues I've experienced. They told me to delete the ipass app with the older version, and pull the new version in from the app store. Will be trying this again on flighs this coming week.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Worked fine on both of my flights last night.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I cannot get CPH Airport Wifi to respond to my CVV problem - more than one email sent to support - and no response from iPass which likely will not deal with an individual customer who uses AT&T.

However, I used the Reddit link in the OP and which eventually led me to this link:

https://www.usmobile.com/wifi

I did a chat and was told essentially that I get all that iPass offers but I can simply purchase the $10 a month package from US Mobile even though I use AT&T.

Am I missing something? I need something in place before my flight in 10 days to PVG.

Edited to say that I found a FT thread that answers many of my questions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...wifi-plan.html

Last edited by Xeno; Sep 2, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Originally Posted by Xeno
I cannot get CPH Airport Wifi to respond to my CVV problem - more than one email sent to support - and no response from iPass which likely will not deal with an individual customer who uses AT&T.

However, I used the Reddit link in the OP and which eventually led me to this link:

https://www.usmobile.com/wifi

I did a chat and was told essentially that I get all that iPass offers but I can simply purchase the $10 a month package from US Mobile even though I use AT&T.

Am I missing something? I need something in place before my flight in 10 days to PVG.

Edited to say that I found a FT thread that answers many of my questions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...wifi-plan.html
I just signed up for the WiFi-only USMobile plan, and authorized two devices (one Android, one iOS). It is a bit cumbersome to get working, but is a WiFi plan, not a cell phone plan (no SIM required). Just sign up for the 30 day, unlimited WiFi plan and figure it out from there-- see my note above-- let us know if you have issues-- I'll be using it on a variety of flights (could it be, that it works on Aeroflot?!??) in the next week, (though in the next week, all Delta metal).
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by kthomas
I just signed up for the WiFi-only USMobile plan, and authorized two devices (one Android, one iOS). It is a bit cumbersome to get working, but is a WiFi plan, not a cell phone plan (no SIM required). Just sign up for the 30 day, unlimited WiFi plan and figure it out from there-- see my note above-- let us know if you have issues-- I'll be using it on a variety of flights (could it be, that it works on Aeroflot?!??) in the next week, (though in the next week, all Delta metal).
Thanks for this helpful post.

Do the 30 days start from day of purchase or activation?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:53 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
The 30 days start from the activation. However you have 30 days to link your plan to a device after purchace.

Unitil now the USmobile plan worked on all my Delta fights, except one.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:24 am

cph

I signed up to the CPH plan; no problem with my Belgian CC; iOS and Android apps work OK, just enter CPH username and pw and it will connect to supported wifi signals (I guess same as iPass); I have not yet tried in-flight wifi.

Windows/PC installation is a bit more tricky, there is a link on the CPH Settings web-site to dl the iPass application for windows. Once that is done, entering the CPH username did not work for me. I had to keep the application open at its start screen and click the "Having trouble activating? Tap here" link (below the dl instructions on the iPass site), which resulted in another button on the iPass website to activate the application. After that the iPass windows application was activated.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by jak456
I signed up to the CPH plan; no problem with my Belgian CC; iOS and Android apps work OK, just enter CPH username and pw and it will connect to supported wifi signals (I guess same as iPass); I have not yet tried in-flight wifi.
After initially misreading the point of this thread, I am finally on track but still most interested in the CPH Travel Wifi which I badly need starting in October.

I only have USA cc(s) and CPH support has never tried to send any relief. Do they have a Twitter presence or some other way to get them? I suppose I could use Skype to call them if all else fails but can they take cc over the phone?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:04 pm

Location: Rarely in one place long. Vancouver, WA when that happens.
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA LifePlat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Dmd, gave up on Hilton
Originally Posted by David Carabetta
The deal almost seems to good to be be true. But maybe?

Subforum on reddit with some details: https://www.reddit.com/r/US_Mobile/
Took a while and tech help to get this working on my laptop, but so far since then it has worked on Alaska and AA. One time looked like it failed. Tried again. Online I went. Then you get Gogo service (so far all I have tried) which I no longer want to pay much more as it can be quite hit and miss (works well enough sometimes, super slow and useless others).
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Xeno
I only have USA cc(s) and CPH support has never tried to send any relief. Do they have a Twitter presence or some other way to get them? I suppose I could use Skype to call them if all else fails but can they take cc over the phone?
during sign-up, I came across the contact details of Mobilise Tech Ltd, the actual provider of the cph service. These contact details are different from the cph support listed on the cph site: customer service on +442039100330 or email at [email protected] . Maybe you have more luck getting an answer through this channel ...

no clue whether they accept cc over the phone though.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
deleted by user

Last edited by dingo; Sep 5, 2017 at 5:43 am Reason: Going to post this over in the tech forum
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by jak456
during sign-up, I came across the contact details of Mobilise Tech Ltd, the actual provider of the cph service. These contact details are different from the cph support listed on the cph site: customer service on +442039100330 or email at [email protected] . Maybe you have more luck getting an answer through this channel ...

no clue whether they accept cc over the phone though.
I got an email this morning from their IT support (i.e. Mobilese Hotspots Support) saying they solved my cc issue. However, I again tried three different Visa and none of them worked.

CPH Travel Wifi IT claimed that one of my cards was "issued by the US Outlying Islands". I am clueless about such things but doubt that would be true of all three Visas (corporate, BA, and BMW).
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:52 am
smn

Anyone tried purchasing from Mobilise directly? (https://mobilisehotspots.com)

Looks like it's even cheaper. Exact same website, but UK based (priced in EUR).

10 EUR for 1 Month and basically close to $7 / mo if you commit to a year...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:05 pm

I just tried to purchase Mobilese direct and all the forms are identical to CPH Travel Wifi. It is also the case that the CVV of each CC is refused. Mobilese allows AMEX and I tried two of those in addition to my corporate Visa with the same result.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.