Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone use USMobile/Ipass for inflight wifi @ $10/month?

Anyone use USMobile/Ipass for inflight wifi @ $10/month?

Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I use it, bought for my laptop + iphone, works on all my domestic DL flights, will test on international in 2 weeks.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
I did this US Mobile iPass last week and it worked very well. But as it's only 30 days, 1 device, and requires the login app I'm considering switching to the CPH plan going forward. Not a lot of info out there though. I wonder if it gives direct access to your own iPass login vs relying on an app for login?
Based on IPass's business model I suspect it will be very similar to what they have with USmobile.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by David Carabetta
Based on IPass's business model I suspect it will be very similar to what they have with USmobile.
I can give my own experience that it works fine, although a bit slow, on my flight from Detroit to Manchester(Posted while on in-flight wifi).
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
I will also chime in and say it works fine. Be sure to install the iPass app and get it set up before flying. In addition to using it on flights, I found that it automatically connected my iPhone to a bunch of wifi networks in Europe (Amsterdam, Madrid, Frankfurt, Berlin, and Dusseldorf), so it's pretty useful for travel in general.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Another option that I found and have yet to test would be to sign up with the Copenhagen airport wifi service. Instead of just a 30 day plan like USMobile, they have 1, 2, 3 and 6 month plans. The 6 month plan works out to 10 euro per month, but has the benefit of including 3 devices instead of just 1.

https://cphtravelwifi.dk/
Is there a FT thread somewhere about this option?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xeno
Is there a FT thread somewhere about this option?

Not that I know of. I found the info on USMobile which is what introduced me to IPASS. Once i started reading up on IPASS and some of their business structure/finances I found references to their recent deal with the Copanhagen airport. I haven't found any other common references to it on the web or peoples experience with the service. Once my 30 days with USMobile is almost up, I will sign up with Copanhagen airport wifi for 6 months.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL exDM MM
Are the iPass users using it on your phones? Or your laptop?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:27 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
I'm using it on my phone, but I'm pretty sure it works on computers. It told me that I could NOT use it on my Chromebook as that OS was unsupported.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:54 pm

Not that I know of. I found the info on USMobile which is what introduced me to IPASS. Once i started reading up on IPASS and some of their business structure/finances I found references to their recent deal with the Copanhagen airport. I haven't found any other common references to it on the web or peoples experience with the service. Once my 30 days with USMobile is almost up, I will sign up with Copanhagen airport wifi for 6 months.
I tried to subscribe for 6 months, but the enrollment page rejected my CVV #. I sent a message to their support and will see how this plays out.

BTW, they only take Visa and MC, no AMEX.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum (ST+), JL JGC (ows), NH SFC (*AG)
Originally Posted by captiveguru
Are the iPass users using it on your phones? Or your laptop?
I just used it in my laptop with iPass on a flight from DUS to ATL. Worked perfectly!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by Xeno
I tried to subscribe for 6 months, but the enrollment page rejected my CVV #. I sent a message to their support and will see how this plays out.

BTW, they only take Visa and MC, no AMEX.
Having the same problem -- although I'm just getting a very helpful "one or more of your credit card details is invalid" error message.

I like this offering because I really want the flexibility to use my laptop or iPad on any given flight. Hope they can figure it out.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Worked fine on a Delta TPAC flight two weeks ago. But another data point is that it automatically connected me to a Shangri-La hotel in Asia that was iPass compatible during a stay over the weekend. So far I'm really liking the service.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Works

i have now also used it on AA domestic (gogo) and AA international (Panasonic). This is a great deal while it lasts.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by HometoYYZ
Having the same problem -- although I'm just getting a very helpful "one or more of your credit card details is invalid" error message.

I like this offering because I really want the flexibility to use my laptop or iPad on any given flight. Hope they can figure it out.
I sent 2 emails to their support address and only got an automated response promising help was on the way.

Did you resolve your issue or still waiting like me? I would like to have CPH Airport Wifi up and going before my next trip to China in two weeks.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
After seeing this thread, I bought the wi-fi iPass from US Mobile. On my first flight, the plane was equipped with the faster/new 2ku and the app saw the network but couldn't connect the whole flight. I finally bought a $10 GoGo pass (expense account) and it worked great. The next flight was standard, non-2ku, GoGo, and the app worked beautifully. I don't know if the 2ku networks won't allow the iPass or just my bad luck. (I work in IT so I did all the right things like making sure my PC had forgot the GoGo network, that I had rebooted, that the app was doing all the right things). But it was almost already worth it for the 1 flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.