Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skyclub guest policy - Pay with miles option?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL exDM MM

I am DM and have the Delta AX Reserve. In April I was surprised when a friend was on the same flight to ATL. I invited my friend to join me in the SC. The agent noted my membership status and gave me a choice, cash ($29) or miles (2,500).

I have looked at Delta's T&C and cannot find where this option exists.

I am traveling on Delta with my zero-status adult step-child this week. Will I have to pay $29 (or 2,500 miles), for each SC visit, or is there a less expensive day rate?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by captiveguru
is there a less expensive day rate?
There is not.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IIRC this covers a single one time/one lounge admission. It's not a day pass. [You would pay again at each airport or each lounge if you want to lounge hop.]
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:56 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
[. . . . . . . if you want to lounge hop.]
Who'd ever want to do that?!?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
Who'd ever want to do that?!?
You.....and me, and of course ND76.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL exDM MM
IIRC this covers a single one time/one lounge admission. It's not a day pass. [You would pay again at each airport or each lounge if you want to lounge hop.]
OK, so there is no "Day Pass." Got it.

What about the 2,500 mile option? I still can't find it in the T&C, but it happened in April...
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
The $29 fee or if you are offered 2500 miles (never have seen this) is good at any club at the same airport. The above post is incorrect in regards to not being able to lounge hop. In DTW they stamp DTW only on the receipt that prints out like a boarding pass and you can use any of the 4 lounges until your departing flight. Same applies to MSP/ATL/SEA/LAX where there are multiple lounges.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:51 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
They recently announced a change that lets you use miles to pay a wide variety of fees. The announcement didn't say anything about Sky Club access fees but it's not too surprising as an extrapolation.

Related thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...our-miles.html
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Once they stamp your BP it should be good at any lounge in that airport. The stamp simply has date, and XXX Skyclub (XXX=JFK, ATL, etc)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.