Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Problems in booking a reward ticket in Delta.com and in the APP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:49 pm
Osk
Original Poster

Has anyone else here have faced any issue in buying tickets using the miles?

The reason of why i am asking this because each time when i do a search i get different erroe messages like no seat available the Fly Delta app cannot connect... Uh-oh! We're sorry, but no results were found for your search. and messages like this and this is happening not only to the destination that i want to go but also a lot destination and are clasic destinations

Is Delta facing any technical issue at the moment?

I tried to contact Delta by phone but nobody answer i have been in the phone for an hour waiting for a rep and no rep is available
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
More details may be useful. A test to CDG just worked for me.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:36 pm
Osk
Original Poster

I got a rep and she could get a quote to me and guide me through the process but i could continue getting the same error

Uh-oh! We're sorry, but no results were found for your search. You may have better results if you use the Compare Nearby Airports option or if you search for a One-Way Award. Visit delta.com/awardtravel to learn more. #101638_A

The error in the app is

We-re SOrrry.

There appears to be an isue connecting to Fly Delta. Please try again or visit later 404

I am trying to book a multicity booking PTY-ATL-SFO-PTY i used to be able to see the info but now i am not able to get any info just these errors

Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Osk
I got a rep and she could get a quote to me
Why did you not book the ticket when speaking to that rep?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:48 pm
Osk
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Why did you not book the ticket when speaking to that rep?
Because i need to transfer more miles to my account because the cost of the ticket went up and i did not have the account of my relatives with me
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Known issue. Been like this for a month or so. On dullta.com most non-DL flight awards are blocked and won't appear (at least KE, MU, CZ, FM, CI, GA, SU, etc. routes I've tried with plenty of availability). Used to work in the DL app, but now that is also more and more often not working. Even when it does, O&D searches usually won't work. Have to do segment by segment to see availability, it won't see most connections that before it would always show.

For phone agents also buggy and need to reload and search 20+ times to have flights show.

Seems that DL is in the process of rolling out SkyTeam (non-DL) award blocking, or going to a segment-by-segment based pricing model, or some other such "enhancement"... or it could be just an outage in connecting to other SkyTeam airlines for a long time that has went unresolved.

Best case scenario it's just gross incompetence by DL of not maintaining and monitoring its systems and an extensive partial outage. But the real risk is that it's another "enhancement" in the works, that non-DL awards will be priced so outrageously that DL is afraid to even show it online and will force you to call and book, or block some outright. Pure speculation, but based on previous tricks that DL has done countless times recently, it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

I am surprised how come this hasn't gotten more attention FT here recently.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Having the same issues. Different results on the website and app. Agents don't seem to see the same availability. Try to book on the app and errors out. Trying to figure out a way to avoid China Eastern / Southern on DPS-->SEA on Jan 6 in business class.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Had the same (or similar) issue the other day when trying to book an award ticket. First, trying to book through the award side didn't let me get the flight at all. Then using the app and picking the flight, I was unable to "pay with miles" - until I got to a desktop.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 9:57 am

Certain city pairs don't seem to work anymore when it was fine a few weeks ago. I can't find any availability for TPE-BKK or TPE-LAX, it just produces an error.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonz9238
Certain city pairs don't seem to work anymore when it was fine a few weeks ago. I can't find any availability for TPE-BKK or TPE-LAX, it just produces an error.
This topic has been covered in several other threads already. The problem is that award searches are now defaulting to flexible dates (even if you select exact dates), and for some partner-only destinations, a flexible dates search will often simply error out. The solution is to first do a revenue search for exact dates, and then click the "Miles" link at the top of flight listings. This will redo the search as an exact dates award search which will not bomb out. This is the only mechanism I have found for doing an exact dates award search. Unfortunately, since flexible dates searches bomb out, you are stuck with doing day-by-day exact searches.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 1, 2017 at 10:28 am
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:23 am

Same thing is happening to me
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:45 am

Is there a way to get this working? I tried searching with money and changing to miles that doesn't work. I know the flights are there but everything either says not available or I get error message 101638

Also if I call everyone is worthless.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Have you tried m.delta.com?
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL
It is 2020 and the "error" is still there. I've called diamond desk to figure out what's up and the issue is: Delta partners do not have to release award capacity in any particular time. According to the agent I've talked with, he did see AF or KLM releasing award travel capacity 300 days prior to departure or 5 days prior to departure. There's no hard rule when partner will let Delta use the award capacity. So... there's no good solution for this issue.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that the cheapest AF/KL J awards (75K) have a 60-day advance purchase requirement.

Fare Code - CSMH750

ADVANCE RESERVATIONS AND TICKETING

RESERVATIONS FOR ALL SECTORS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 60 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE OF EACH TRIP.

There's a level that does not require an advance purchase, but it's 94K miles (fare basis code - CSM940). (Just updated my post as this is the first time I've seen one -- found it on DTW-CDG). Awards on VS also have different levels with different advance purchase requirements.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 1, 2020 at 5:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.