Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium-select not selling?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Premium-select not selling?

Delta's special diamond-only "sale" of premium-select seats for 80,000 miles round-trip seems to indicate that this heavily touted new product isn't selling, at least for the first few weeks. I'm guessing they want to avoid the spectacle of empty seats.

http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...remium-select/
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I just bit..never been to Japan, so I just booked a TYS-DTW-NRT r/t in Premium Select for 80,000 miles. Seems like a good deal to me and I'll get to judge the new seating option for free.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
PE definitely seems like a better deal than the D1 suites

And the marginal cost/benefit is something that more people would bite
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I didn't see anything that it is DM only. Did I miss something?

Now, if they had a special where you could use RUCs instead of GUCs for PE that could be interesting.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:48 pm

I wanted to buy some premium select seats but I've had difficulty getting reasonable prices when connections are present. It tries to put me in a lot of higher domestic F classes that jacks up the price quite significantly. Any tips?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by rylan
I didn't see anything that it is DM only. Did I miss something?

Now, if they had a special where you could use RUCs instead of GUCs for PE that could be interesting.
I'd encourage platinum and diamond elites to write Delta and ask them for this enhancement.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Delta's special diamond-only "sale" of premium-select seats for 80,000 miles round-trip seems to indicate that this heavily touted new product isn't selling, at least for the first few weeks. I'm guessing they want to avoid the spectacle of empty seats.

They just launched it and they don't even an aircraft flying around with revenue passengers that can report on the experience so I think it will take a while for DL to create demand for this new class of service.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I almost never use miles for myself, always chasing DM (or padding my rollover) but if the rumors are true then this waiver baby will be burning some miles next year -- would definitely try PS to Asia for 80K SkyPennies...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
would definitely try PS to Asia for 80K SkyPennies...
There it is folks. Delta will crowd premium-select with award redeemers, upgrade certificate redeemers, and those who buy an upgrade while making it all but impossible or ridiculously expensive for those same customers to fly up-front in business-class.

Who is going to take a chance their global upgrade certificate won't clear if it clear at booking into premium-select? The answer: Very few people.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I suppose you know that today is the last day to pull the trigger on this 'flash' sale.

Of course, it may come around again.

I almost never use miles for myself, always chasing DM (or padding my rollover) but if the rumors are true then this waiver baby will be burning some miles next year -- would definitely try PS to Asia for 80K SkyPennies...
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:36 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider

I got the same email yesterday with a "special gold medallion only "sale"" for PE yesterday too.

It is super special for everyone apparently?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:39 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I got the same email yesterday with a "special gold medallion only "sale"" for PE yesterday too.

It is super special for everyone apparently?
It's extra super duper special. I got the same email for a "special silver medallion" sale.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As a DM, I only got the email yesterday afternoon.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by EarlVolFan
I suppose you know that today is the last day to pull the trigger on this 'flash' sale.

Of course, it may come around again.
Yes, I know. If PS is not selling, then it will come around again, I'm sure. I certainly am not interested in paying a premium -- in $$$ or SkyPennies -- to try out the "suites."
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Yes, I know. If PS is not selling, then it will come around again, I'm sure. I certainly am not interested in paying a premium -- in $$$ or SkyPennies -- to try out the "suites."
I imagine demand is taking a downturn right now as well as there are probably less people interested in going to South Korea with the missile crisis going on.
TheMadBrewer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.