Extra MQMs when rebooking

Old Aug 15, 17, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Extra MQMs when rebooking

Last week, I missed a flight and was rebooked onto next flight with no fee. I had booked a main cabin ticket and was originally in first from a medallion upgrade. The gate agent booked me on the next flight in first. The next day, I received a 100% MQM bonus. I understand Delta may go back and audit this to delete extra MQMs but curious what experience is on this.
Old Aug 15, 17, 9:37 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by FlyFromDTW View Post
Last week, I missed a flight and was rebooked onto next flight with no fee. I had booked a main cabin ticket and was originally in first from a medallion upgrade. The gate agent booked me on the next flight in first. The next day, I received a 100% MQM bonus. I understand Delta may go back and audit this to delete extra MQMs but curious what experience is on this.
it happens, though it's not supposed to.

What should have occured there is that you should have been rebooked in Y and put on the ugprade list, but agents will often go ahead and confirm you in F if there's a bunch of open seats that are going to the gate anyway. Since they can't rebook you in RU, they'll just rebook you in F and you get the bonus.

I've never had these retroactively clawed back.

The last time this happened to me I was rebooked into G (this was the first time I had ever been rebooked into the F cabin like this on anything less than F class) so I only got 50% bonus. I had paid a B fare, though, so the net MQM was the same.
Old Aug 15, 17, 9:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
it happens, though it's not supposed to.

What should have occured there is that you should have been rebooked in Y and put on the ugprade list, but agents will often go ahead and confirm you in F if there's a bunch of open seats that are going to the gate anyway. Since they can't rebook you in RU, they'll just rebook you in F and you get the bonus.

I've never had these retroactively clawed back.

The last time this happened to me I was rebooked into G (this was the first time I had ever been rebooked into the F cabin like this on anything less than F class) so I only got 50% bonus. I had paid a B fare, though, so the net MQM was the same.
I'd expect an agent who's rebooking someone into FC (from a free elite upgrade on the disrupted flight) to pick tha lowest available FC fare class, which would be G A P (or actually G or A, although they all earn 150% MQMs) if there are lots of FC seats available. FULL F earns 200% but wouldn't be necessary unless there are only a couple FC seats left.
Old Aug 15, 17, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
I was booked into F fare class so this makes sense
Old Aug 15, 17, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Sounds like they put you in the new fare to get it done quickly instead of using the original basis in the ticket and reissuing with zero due.
Old Aug 15, 17, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM
I once did EWR-CVG-ATL-FNT (i know stupid routing but it was dirt cheap). Was upgraded ATL-FNT. Had problems with the ATL-FNT segment since checking in at EWR. One agent said that it was because my flights were too far apart, which wasn't true. I couldn't get my boarding pass for ATL-FNT. Anyways, IRROP happened and I was able to change to ATL-DTW (yay!), and I was rebooked in F fare. Was very happy to see that 100% MQM bonus. And no, they did not audit it

Search this Thread
Search Engine: