Wiki Posts
Search

Annoyance with 21+ SC's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:58 pm

Boo hoo.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: none
If you are annoyed by something like having to show your ID at the SC, you're in for a difficult life ahead of you.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not having the car key in hand is a different sort of problem: it's a matter of safety and personal security
How is this a security issue? I think that Zrs was just pointing out that, in both situations, a tiny little bit of planning for foresight would be helpful.

I happen to have the exact same issue with my husband, and actually in both scenarios. Gets key out after arriving to the car, and does not even think to look for Amex plat card or pull up BP on phone until agent asks. So I've learned to develop patience with him, which is a good thing.

OP: Welcome to being 21. What's your favorite SC drink? I tend to keep it simple with a vodka soda, but when there is an Amex promotion I also get sparking wine.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You leave yourself vulnerable to a mugger, carjacker, or worse while you stand there hunting for the key.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You leave yourself vulnerable to a mugger, carjacker, or worse while you stand there hunting for the key.
I personally think this represents a rather paranoid view of the world. I also don't think that you are more vulnerable while looking for a key than you are when you are doing anything else in public.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
It really takes you "3-5 minutes" to verify your birthday? I mean, I'm sorry you'll have time for one less chug in the skyclub each visit for the next 4.5 months, that really adds up to like maybe a whole beer.

Mods should merge this into http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ain-about.html
Honestly, what is your problem? Every comment of yours I see is never anything that adds value, instead you ALWAYS have to find issue with the OP. Are you just dying to be a moderator or something, or were you just born bitter?

ETA: just noticed in your profile you live in MEM. That probably explains a lot of it. I'd be bitter too living there.
chrisny2 and jdrtravel like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:12 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I personally think this represents a rather paranoid view of the world. I also don't think that you are more vulnerable while looking for a key than you are when you are doing anything else in public.
It's pretty easy to say this if you're a man.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:13 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Big bag typically strapped to my person while in motion is far easier to keep track of than small item placed into a pocket where it could just slide out.
OK, two things, 1) I didn't realize you're a woman when I typed my first repsonse, 2) I didn't remember that women's clothes don't always have useful pockets when I typed my second response.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by pvn
OK, two things, 1) I didn't realize you're a woman when I typed my first repsonse, 2) I didn't remember that women's clothes don't always have useful pockets when I typed my second response.
I won't suggest a merge since it's in a different forum but here's an appropriate thead that started when you were about 7 years old. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ing-elite.html
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by synergistic
All that said, if this was an issue I faced regularly, I'd likely change my habit to stashing my ID away later in the process.
This. Also, I look pretty young and get carded at restaurants all the time, but can't remember the last time I was asked for ID at a SC.

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
ETA: just noticed in your profile you live in MEM. That probably explains a lot of it. I'd be bitter too living there.
Hey, I like MEM!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

OP, just relax and go with the flow.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
OP, just relax and go with the flow.
But Doc, the flow is the tap in SC, and he's trying to get to it! Sheesh.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:00 pm
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Honestly, what is your problem? Every comment of yours I see is never anything that adds value, instead you ALWAYS have to find issue with the OP. Are you just dying to be a moderator or something, or were you just born bitter?

Not bitter nor would I be interested in being a moderator. Bellyaching about getting carded (and massively exaggerating how much of an inconvenience it is) is behavior that is ripe for mocking.

There are lots of threads in this forum started by people who have real problems, where they actually might be helped by other members who have relevant knowledge of experience. This isn't one of them. There's no "value" that CAN be added in this sort of thread. If you want to see fewer comments taking people down a notch, the solution is to have fewer threads started by OPs who are just seeking attention.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by davetravels
What's your hourly rate, that 3 minutes is such a big deal?

That said, as mentioned earlier, if you expect this to happen, I would think you would configure your wallet / ID placement accordingly so you're not so horribly inconvenienced.

THAT said, a few years from now you'll WISH you were getting carded!
Perhaps not a "few" years away, but BINGO anyway for your post.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Enjoy it while it lasts!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.