Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:15 am

My Etymotics insulate me from the huffing of untouchables and the mewling of shafted precious metal or rare gem elites.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:17 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
MCO Flyer is only saying what many of us, who regularly turn left, are thinking...
Yes, we know. Trust us, it's not a big secret.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:21 am
pvn
Suspended

Seriously, some of you guys seem pretty traumatized by the fact that you have to even share a plane with the uncultured rednecks who can't tell the difference between BE Diamond and Vantage XL, just absolute barbarians. You guys should try boarding last so they don't get to make eye contact with you.
DeltaDunce and SFCav like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by awayIgo
"the back off the plane gets there,the same time as the front"
I've always said that technically, based on touchdown, the back of the plane gets there first.

I sometimes fly with several associates who are various lower Medallion (or none), and we play an inverted game of this, just for fun reactions from nearby pax. My crew as they're walking past will look at me and say something innocuous like "must be nice", and I'll look up and reply; "keep walking, the unwashed masses are back there", "please avert your eyes, sir, we value our privacy" (pronounced the British way), "not really, I couldn't book the NetJet". Usually by the 3rd time this happens, my seatmate has figured out I'm with a group.
trooper, awayIgo, Miesque and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn
Seriously, some of you guys seem pretty traumatized by the fact that you have to even share a plane with the uncultured rednecks who can't tell the difference between BE Diamond and Vantage XL, just absolute barbarians. You guys should try boarding last so they don't get to make eye contact with you.
Actually, I think some secretly enjoy feeling superior and being looked at by Y pax as they parade past. After all, if you fly private and no one sees you do it, what's the point?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:12 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by ULDB65
Actually, I think some secretly enjoy feeling superior and being looked at by Y pax as they parade past. After all, if you fly private and no one sees you do it, what's the point?
Well, yeah, for many, it's both at the same time. I mean the entire point of this thread is to feel superior to those rubes who don't spend their whole life in a plane.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:20 am

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually paid for FC, though I've been fortunate to have good upgrade luck. The only negative experiences I've had have come from other FC/elite passengers, who sometimes think I'm trying to board at the wrong time or have seated myself in some other more deserving soul's seat.

I'm youngish (not really anymore, I suppose!) and am usually wearing jeans and flipflops, hair still wet from the shower, blearily working my way through a hangover... I've been asked something along the lines of, 'Are you sure that's your seat?' more than a couple times. It's worked out well for me, though, because I reply with something like, "I know, guess they can't exactly accommodate window requests on upgrades... Don't suppose you'd like to switch?" and someone in the cabin always overhears and immediately offers to take my aisle for their window.

As for coach passengers, it's normally just a look of envy as they look at the big seats and then glance forward to coach - I figure I probably have a similar look when I'm trudging to the back of the bus.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
I really don't pay that much attention to what people are saying. Usually I'm trying not to get whacked by someboy's carry on if I'm an aisle seat. I suppose the most common one is something along the line or a variation of "It must be nice to be rich."
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, WN A-List, AA Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Maybe I just pay too much attention, but I feel like this happens about every other time I'm in the F or D1 cabin.

I think it mostly stems from a misconception of the generally flying public about the cost of flying upfront. I know I have had friends who just can't understand how I, as a 29-year old, can fly D1 or F....well, F is mostly just because I get upgraded or because I need the flexibility, and international D1 is because it actually makes a difference in productivity when I arrive and being self-employed the incremental cost isn't that bad because of the tax write-off, but to make that clear...I usually just give up and tell them I booked with miles.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by ULDB65
...After all, if you fly private and no one sees you do it, what's the point?
And those people post 1,001 pictures on social media
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Usually a lot of comments/justification as to why they didnt want to/couldnt purchase F "Oh psh the seats aren't that nice" "this isnt worth the money" "they wanted XXX amount for that!?" However these are usually said loudly enough to be heard by those sitting in F.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
For me, it's not what they say, but how they say it.

That is, turning around to speak to the person behind them and not realizing that their "I miss my days in the Boy Scouts" backpack extends out about 15 inches behind them.

The fact that I have had the same pair of glasses for the last three years can only be attributed to good peripheral vision and fast reflexes, allowing me to dodge the potential impact.

Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Usually a lot of comments/justification as to why they didnt want to/couldnt purchase F "Oh psh the seats aren't that nice" "this isnt worth the money" "they wanted XXX amount for that!?" However these are usually said loudly enough to be heard by those sitting in F.
Yeah, silly them. Imagine if they only knew that XXX might have been $39.

Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:03 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
For me, it's not what they say, but how they say it.
I know, it's hard to endure. You deserve a medal. Not many people understand the hardships of hearing that stuff.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Yeah, silly them. Imagine if they only knew that XXX might have been $39.

It might not have even been that much lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.