Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What are the most stupid things you have heard people say when walking through F/J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:14 pm

Some of these are funny!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Austin787
Some people think lie flat seats=first class. At the Museum of Flight in Seattle, I was walking through a 787 prototype. The front section had B/E diamond seats (like on the 757) and several people referred to those seats as first class.
8.5 out of 10 travelers don't know the difference between first and business class.
The fact that they know the front cabins of domestic flights as "First" doesn't help things.
Neither does this silly "Delta One" or "Polaris" baloney.
GregLeg likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: none
Originally Posted by scott97
Some of these are funny!

And some aren't.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Was on a early morning 321 flight from MCO-ATL one time when a mother told her little son who asked "why can't we sit in these big seats" and she responded "this is where the rich people sit."
I had the opposite experience travelling on a business redemption from Zurich to the US. Two teenage boys travelling with their parents who were clearly used to flying around in business a lot from how they were talking, one of the kids made a comment along the lines of "imagine being a poor person having to sit back there - as they pointed to economy". The mother did rebuke him but not as strongly as she should have.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
My favorite one isn't so much an "oh look at these people" but just a dumb thing I hear when sitting in J, or in the first few rows of Y.

"Ohh this is a small plane, last flight was way bigger."

Yea...no s***, you're flying from EWR-BUF in the middle of February, were you expecting a 744?
trooper likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:05 am

"Are you sure you aren't in my seat"? (but they say it with a smile)
FlyingNone and Seabilly like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, AS MVPG 100K
http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...502-story.html

Something to think about.
SFCav likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Not exactly perfect for this thread but I once waited in the Sky Priority security line in Singapore (security screening is at the gate in SIN) behind an apparent non-American expat family and overheard the 12 year old boy complain "I hate American airlines! Why do we have to wait in this queue like dirty poor people?!". Yes, the Sky line was unusually long but I was pretty stunned nevertheless.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:57 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
"This is where people who don't know how to prioritize what they do with their money sit."

"This is where the people who think they're better than us sit."
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by Taz
"This is where people who don't know how to prioritize what they do with their money sit."

"This is where the people who think they're better than us sit."
The same people who would be kissing your xxx if you threw them some wadded up cash. It's funny how people think that others should spend their money. It's their money they can do whatever makes them happy with it. You only live once. I guess that's when private jet work great. You don't have to deal with too many folks.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:43 am

I wouldn't know as I don't pay any attention to those peasants and their ill-considered opinions. Just kidding, I don't think I've ever heard anything beyond some version of "Oh that looks nice". In general, I find most people are very focused on themselves and their stuff during boarding.
BadgerBoi and trooper like this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by Dennis88
I know people that regularly fly F or D1 know what I'm talking about...in the constant stream of passengers walking back to Y there are always a few that think they are making smart comments about the premium cabin...

I'll start:

Mother to daughter in her late teens on a B767 LAX-JFK redeye: "this is NOT where we are sitting. These people had their boss pay for their tickets".

Any others that come to mind?
Where are those jobs whose bosses pay for their tickets in F/D1???????
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Some thugs looking for a doctor on board. Is there a doctor Dao on board?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
I don't think I've ever heard anything beyond some version of "Oh that looks nice". In general, I find most people are very focused on themselves and their stuff during boarding.
Agreed, usually people are minding their own business, on very rare occassions there was a jealous look but nothing much. Except that one time on the LATAM 787 from MAD to FRA in the 2nd (mini) J-cabin where I had a little too much attention for comfort with at least 1 out of 2 slow moving Y-passengers staring at us in complete amazement and looking at every detail of our seats, beverages, video screens.
Quite awkward.. No stupid remarks however, only about´how big those seats are´.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:10 am

My parents were strict economy people. Of course back then economy was actually somewhat comfortable. They easily could have afforded business or first. Every time I sit in my business seat, I hear, in my head, my late Dad's voice, "the back off the plane gets there,the same time as the front"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.