Search

Annoying guy on Dl 1910 MSP-MCO 8/11

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Annoying guy on DL 1910 MSP-MCO 8/11

I was flying yesterday from MSP to MCO yesterday. Uneventful flight. But the guy directly behind me kept on tapping loudly on his computer. Every keystroke sent a vibration through the seat.

Mind you - DL should have better designed planes, one that absorb this kind of thing.

When the FA made the announcement that we were landing, the guy must have realized he had only a few minutes left, so his pounding became even more annoying.

That's when the passive aggressive part of me kicked in. I threw my seat back as fast as I could. Stopped him cold!!!!

What would you have done?

Last edited by zrs70; Aug 12, 2017 at 1:27 pm
Old Aug 12, 2017, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
(yes - this is tongue and cheek - after reading:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-etiquite.html
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:06 pm

I'd turn around and say "tap" every time he tapped his fingers.
757FO likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Must have been related to the guy on my flight this week.

Head phones on. Big ring on his right hand. Must have been inspiring music he was listening to because he kept tapping out the beat with his ring on the metal portion of the arm rest.

Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Must have been related to the guy on my flight this week.

Head phones on. Big ring on his right hand. Must have been inspiring music he was listening to because he kept tapping out the beat with his ring on the metal portion of the arm rest.

Ugh, I hate this, not least because you know they aren't even aware that they're doing it, much less that everyone ELSE is aware they're doing it. I have an odd tic where my knee 'bounces' if my leg/foot ends up planted at a certain angle when I'm seated - I've had to train myself to become aware of it to avoid it, because I totally understand how annoying this must be for people around me.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by synergistic
Ugh, I hate this, not least because you know they aren't even aware that they're doing it, much less that everyone ELSE is aware they're doing it. I have an odd tic where my knee 'bounces' if my leg/foot ends up planted at a certain angle when I'm seated - I've had to train myself to become aware of it to avoid it, because I totally understand how annoying this must be for people around me.
The lady in the seat across the aisle from me, who was immediately behind the offender, looked at me and we did a synchronous eye roll.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by zrs70
(yes - this is tongue and cheek - after reading:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-etiquite.html
You should do like the recline person on the thread. Keep recline back and forth all flight long (with high speed of course) and hope the guy behind does't crack his screen and rant on FT.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:47 am

Perhaps saying nicely to the passenger to please tap lighter. Would it be so out of line to let them know?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:51 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by sspontak
Perhaps saying nicely to the passenger to please tap lighter. Would it be so out of line to let them know?
I *might* have the guts to do this if it went on for a long time and I were seated directly next to or in front of / behind them. If I'm any further away, though, my version of propriety requires me to limit myself to actions like a synchronous eye roll.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I had a seat mate a couple of years ago that was playing drums on the tray table with his hands while rocking out with headphones on. I think he realized the error of his way after a few minutes because he then started playing air drums. This continued on and off all flight. He really put his heart and soul into the last song before we landed!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Working on it
On a recent SEA-LGB flight, a man sitting one row behind me across the aisle sang to himself at speaking (singing?) volume from doors closed until about 30 min into the flight. Thank goodness for all that cabin white noise and headphones.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Had someone tapping his dress shoe against my row's seat leg on domestic leg of a TPAC return. After about 20 minutes I turned around and asked kindly if he would mind not doing it. He apologized and stopped.

It can be difficult, but it's usually worth it.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:20 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
I'm a leg tapper but I don't make an audible noise when doing it - is that bad? I had a lady ask me to stop once but I know that I don't shake my seat nor do I make any noises.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy
I'm a leg tapper but I don't make an audible noise when doing it - is that bad? I had a lady ask me to stop once but I know that I don't shake my seat nor do I make any noises.
I have a hyper leg too and it sucks. I can also tell you inaudible tapping/bouncing causes vibrations both for your seatmate and probably for the pax in front of you also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.