Search

Delta #2 BEST FF Program??????????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by keitherson
Hardly.

People used to fly United, and put up with all the crap, because the miles were worth something.

Delta is now the inverse. We don't put up with all the crap, but we'll gladly take a shave to our mileage value.

There things are related.

In the last year I've redeemed:

9k miles for transcons
12.5k miles for Hawaii
5k miles for short-haul
25k miles for KLM long-haul upgrade (on a V fare, no less)
500 miles for a beer at the Sky Club

there are uses for them. crying over domestic awards nowadays without being flexible is like crying over Ryanair charging you for water

you will find no different data points on UA and AA looking for domestic award space
Yep, you summed it up. Every so often I'll look at another alliance and think about reduced point values or better partner lounges, then I realize that I value on-time flights, luggage arriving quickly, and generally pleasant service. It's a trade-off that this report weighs accordingly, I think #2 is about right.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I do fly DL for a multitude of reason including sky miles and the benefits there of. Of course I do not look for every little reason to ..... and moan. Try flying someone else and your eyes will be opened. I also do not spend a lot time on websites posting rumors that rarely come true...
You're right. After flying Singapore or Emirates your eyes will definitely be open to just how mediocre Delta is.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Sadly, neither Emirates nor Singapore serve SDF.

I can choose WN but can't go to Europe, China, Japan or Australia on them. I can choose United if I want to be beaten into submission. My last choice is American and they (like United) don't offer anything but small RJs.

At this point, the program is irrelevant. Flight choices, service quality and 737s, MD88s, 717s and 170/175s win every time.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
You're right. After flying Singapore or Emirates your eyes will definitely be open to just how mediocre Delta is.
SQ Yes, EK notsomuch. 10 abreast in a 777 is most definitely mediocre.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by javabytes
You rang?

Done it. AA is better.
Agree! I get so tired when flying DL during an IROP and even a simple question is answered by - you need to go to the "service" center by the agent or red coat.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
I've had 2MM on DL (Gold for life) and 1MM on AA.

AA is a better FF program and better for IRROPS as they put me on other carriers when needed, and the upgrades for SWUs are not restriced to Y,B and M fares.

And AA has F class and F awards can be redeemed on partner airlines.

All that is better for me.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by PMMMDL
upgrades for SWUs are not restriced to Y,B and M fares
I don't disagree with your overall assessment, but to be fair this is no longer true on DL.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by javabytes
I don't disagree with your overall assessment, but to be fair this is no longer true on DL.
Always hard when using other airlines terms. SWU was used compare (i.e. system wide not regional) and I guess it would be fair to compare to GUC and depending on how the fare is marketed with partners it could still be Y, B, M restricted:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...tificates.html
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HDQDD
SQ Yes, EK notsomuch. 10 abreast in a 777 is most definitely mediocre.
I would argue that if flying in economy, the best one can hope for is mediocre.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Fair enough on the benefits of medallion, but the base of what a FF program is (collecting and redeeming miles/points) we can all agree is pretty bad?
Not nearly as good as it used to be - that I would agree with.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Always hard when using other airlines terms. SWU was used compare (i.e. system wide not regional) and I guess it would be fair to compare to GUC and depending on how the fare is marketed with partners it could still be Y, B, M restricted:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...tificates.html
I assume you think that the AA practice of disallowing redemption on any partner in any fare class is superior?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.