Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL SkyClub (B Concourse) Adding Clear Checkin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL D

Haven't been to B in a few weeks but just noticed the have the biometric readers for fingerprints ready to go. Staff said they go live Monday morning.

Wonder if we'll start seeing a Clear lane for lounges.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I have clear and even I think that's a bit much. I thought the "sky priority" check in line for the sky club was ridiculous but this is just beyond that.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA MM (former 1K) - DL PM (former DM) - Marriott Platinum
I used the fingerprint reader at the DCA SkyClub a few weeks ago. Since there's no screen giving feedback during the fingerprint reading (like the CLEAR kiosks do), I wasn't sure if my prints were being read...if I needed more/less pressure...etc. It took a few seconds for the agent to confirm the prints were read, and another moment or so before my info was pulled up and I was CLEARed (ahem) for entry.

I did receive a marketing email from CLEAR asking about my experience accessing the SkyClub, so they're definitely tracking usage.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They're testing biometrics to eventually be able to checkin, drop luggage, clear security and board a plane. (Plus use lounge) All without need for ID, or a BP. As part of this they're using the database Clear has to test fingerprints. It's not about "Clear" expanding to lounges, but that Clear provides a ready to use population to test.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I remember about ten years ago Delta was part of an initiative to streamline the security and check-in process. It was called the CAPPS program. It stood for Computer Aided Passenger Prescreening. Nothing ever came of it but I wonder if they are giving it a second chance with this.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:01 pm

Why not use Clear at lounges? It's being used at a few Major League Baseball stadiums.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This helps to make clear <pun intended> why DL decided to invest in CLEAR.

BTW, some of us might have the opportunity to test the system this Friday, during the SC crawl as part of the ATL DO.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Hopefully they add it to the DTW main SC and some of the other skyclubs where they tend to have a line.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Just used it. No faster than scanning BP or SC barcode. But I guess it does pave the way for an airport experience to become akin to self checkout at Kroger/Home Depot/etc.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: DL PM, MR PP+A
I just wish it would beep at you and let you know that your fingerprint took.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Does this work when using the AMEX Platinum to access? Or just SC members + D1...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by EditingFX
Just used it. No faster than scanning BP or SC barcode. But I guess it does pave the way for an airport experience to become akin to self checkout at Kroger/Home Depot/etc.
The theory behind self-checkout:

"You can help us reduce our costs by taking over our employees' responsibilities. But, please note there will be no reduction in the prices we charge you."

Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I joined CLEAR this morning, so I'll be able to join in the fun.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by hi55us
Does this work when using the AMEX Platinum to access? Or just SC members + D1...
I seriously doubt it. That card access is being "paid" for by Amex, and all indications are the they expect DL to verify it as they would any CC transaction.

The Amex DL Reserve would presumably work fine.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Reserve card or DM status is usually printed on the boarding pass, where (until the last round of changes), DM automatically meant a SC membership. Either way should work with CLEAR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.