Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any SkyTeam flights to Doha (DOH)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mfong
Yeah my plan was to fly to AMS, then I saw that CDG is the better option.

I'll see what pans out when the plans firm up. I also have to see if Concur would let me book that route through BEY.
I couldn't find a routing via BEY on ITA or Kayak. That means AF probably isn't selling it as a published routing. They do sell CDG-BEY-DOH, just not BOS-CDG-BEY-DOH.

Maybe an AF agent could piece something together for you.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Ummm... EK and EY do not currently operate to DOH. And EY doesn't fly to BOS.
True, but why not fly them?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
You best bet is BOS-AMS-KWI-DOH, with the final 30 minute segment on QR or KU. AMS-KWI is a DL codeshare operated by KL.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:15 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by mfong
Because I'm barely going to hold onto Diamond this year.
Staying home isn't going to help you in this department, either.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
It is hard now with the everyone feuding with Qatar.

I used to take DL to Dubai and then get a quick hop to DOH on EK. Not anymore!

I did not know the KL flight was discontinued.

Getting to DOH will be hard going forward.

Best bet is to take QR but you will not get your MQM. ATL-DOH flight is basically empty from what I have heard.

Or fly DL to somewhere in Europe and pick up QR from there and get partial credit. This might be costly.

If you can make one of the other suggestions to get closer (amman, kuwait) work that would be good. But sounds brutal and risky,

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Aug 3, 2017 at 8:00 am
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I know the OP is probably posting in jest to an extent

I am as loyal as the next guy, but passing up on a Trip to DOH that my job is paying for because Sky-team itinerary is not available seems silly

Staying home earns the same amount of Skymiles as a Non-Stop One-world Itinerary or 1 stop Star Alliance Itinerary. You could even use your Delta Amex for some spending on trip to earn something LOL
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by Keith2004
I know the OP is probably posting in jest to an extent

I am as loyal as the next guy, but passing up on a Trip to DOH that my job is paying for because Sky-team itinerary is not available seems silly

Staying home earns the same amount of Skymiles as a Non-Stop One-world Itinerary or 1 stop Star Alliance Itinerary. You could even use your Delta Amex for some spending on trip to earn something LOL
I would look for any excuse to avoid DOH!!!!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
I would look for any excuse to avoid DOH!!!!
What's wrong with DOH? I transited there a couple years back, before I was loyal to DL (never entered the city)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
I wish I had the flexibility and security in my job to tell my boss I wasn't willing to go somewhere because it jeopardized my ability to qualify for DM
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Keith2004
What's wrong with DOH? I transited there a couple years back, before I was loyal to DL (never entered the city)
DOH is a nice city, I've just used up my lifetime nights in DOH (i.e. way too many)!!!

My 7 of 10 closest calls of being killed in traffic in my 54 years of life were in DOH:

7 DOH
1 Dubai
1 CAI
1 US (of course in the US I am usually driving myself)
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
You best bet is BOS-AMS-KWI-DOH, with the final 30 minute segment on QR or KU. AMS-KWI is a DL codeshare operated by KL.
QR is banned from flying between those countries currently. Could fly ST TO DXB or AMM and then EK, or RJ also.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:07 pm

no....

Currently no airline is flying from DXB to DOH. that includes EK. You cannot go through UAE to get to Qatar. [

QUOTE=flyerCO;28643794]QR is banned from flying between those countries currently. Could fly ST TO DXB or AMM and then EK, or RJ also.[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jasondc
Currently no airline is flying from DXB to DOH. that includes EK. You cannot go through UAE to get to Qatar.
That kills other user's suggestion of KWI then also. After all they're the one that came up with this idea.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
DOH is a nice city, I've just used up my lifetime nights in DOH (i.e. way too many)!!!

My 7 of 10 closest calls of being killed in traffic in my 54 years of life were in DOH:

7 DOH
1 Dubai
1 CAI
1 US (of course in the US I am usually driving myself)
Really? When where you last there? Traffic in Doha is practically non existent. This despite all the driving going on. They have so many roads nowadays it's impossible to call it traffic.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Skyteam's website has a pretty cool feature which I've found helpful in the past in finding out airports I can fly from when I have a specific destination in mind. https://applications.skyteam.com/rou...stinations/DOH

It shows that DOH can be reached via BEY and JED. I'm pretty sure that SV cancelled all their flights because of some regional stuff happening right now.

Beyond that, you can use ITA Matrix and route through either LHR or CDG and BEY to get there. Though it looks like it'll take you quite awhile to get there, shortest flight time at ~20 hours with the average being about 25 hours. You can then use book with matrix to get the flight. I even got one to price out on Delta.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.