Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta One 777 Seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
I personally can't wait to see the new D1 Suites on the first 777, N863DA, hopefully by next month. The sooner all of the other 17 are done, the better! I never quite understood the logic of the herringbone design/layout!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
1. Couldn't agree more (unless it makes the D1 cabin smaller!)

2. Would you do any differently on my seat selection?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by DCADeltaRoadWarrior
I'm pretty sure there will be less seats. So yeah, that means more demand for less seats = higher airfares and less seats = less upgrades, either by certificate or miles.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM

I've only been in 7A and thought it was nice and private. Some upthread have sad it feels 'confined' or whatever, but I liked that. Has a nice shelf on the right side.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:04 pm

I guess my only other question is how bad the noice gets back there and 2 - do the FA's bother to get to the rear portion of the cabin?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I guess my only other question is how bad the noice gets back there and 2 - do the FA's bother to get to the rear portion of the cabin?
Service will be fine but IIRC the first row of C+ has bassinet hooks, so you run the risk of an uncomfortable baby near you.

If it were me, I'd take the window seat further forward. But, having flown 7A/D a couple times as well as the 6B/C (with companion) and a couple other random windows seats, my opinion is the extra storage/privacy in row 7 is nice, but not something I couldn't go without. Basically, I find myself perfectly happy in just about any window seat on this plane so long as it's quiet, and I generally find the middle of any J cabin to be the most isolated from galley/lav/passenger noise.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Delta One cabin definitely will be smaller - I believe 28 seats (current has 37). There will be a large DPS cabin similar to the A350 and it will be nice to have all of D1 in front of door 2. I just wonder what this means for the huge lav next to 10C - I’m guessing it’s gone or shrinks considerably.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Sort of related. I just checked the October 2018 schedule and Delta is only flying the 777-200ER on MSP-HND daily and SEA-HKG five times a week. The 777-200LR has a predictably heavier schedule with ATL-NRT/PVG/JNB and ATL-LAX-SYD. This schedule requires 13 aircraft, including a spare for both the 777-200ER and 777-200LR. The March 2018 schedule allows for seven 777-200ERs and, when ATL-PVG starts, eight 777-200LRs. So I would expect that if Delta continues with modding aircraft before the slow down in the schedule beginning in September, it will just be one at a time but several at a time during the fall and winter, similar to the A330 mods years back. Delta was able to mod 30 aircraft in just nine months. A year from today, I'd expect the 777 mods to be complete or very close to completion. Look for mid September when mods really start to ramp up as the LAX-AMS/CDG 777-200LR rotation and LAX-HND 777-200ER rotation switch to 242 tonne A330-300s. MSP/CDG lose their 777-200ERs effective October 28.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:08 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by audidudi
I personally can't wait to see the new D1 Suites on the first 777, N863DA, hopefully by next month. The sooner all of the other 17 are done, the better! I never quite understood the logic of the herringbone design/layout!
Any rumors of the first route(s) to get the modified 777? Flying SEA-HKG in July in D1. A man can dream...
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:22 pm

Re:

Service will be fine but IIRC the first row of C+ has bassinet hooks, so you run the risk of an uncomfortable baby near you.

If it were me, I'd take the window seat further forward. But, having flown 7A/D a couple times as well as the 6B/C (with companion) and a couple other random windows seats, my opinion is the extra storage/privacy in row 7 is nice, but not something I couldn't go without. Basically, I find myself perfectly happy in just about any window seat on this plane so long as it's quiet, and I generally find the middle of any J cabin to be the most isolated from galley/lav/passenger noise.
----

Super helpful. I really appreciate the reply.

Last edited by DCADeltaRoadWarrior; Apr 14, 2018 at 9:23 pm Reason: Giving context for my reply
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Delta new 777s will have the smallest business class cabins on the planet. 28 seats compared to 50 on United and 37-45 on American. Lets also remember that they are using old stuff. Thompson Vantage XL just with a door on it. Its not THAT much better than their crap 767s. American believe or not is now the best when it comes to business class. Delta One food and service has also been fairly pitiful.

Last edited by aero0729; Apr 15, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:24 pm
Used to be hamajicky

I flew ATL-LAX two weeks ago in First on a 777-200. Plane had just come from Johannesburg and I think was continuing to SYD. After 4 hours in that tired cabin with beat up seats, dirty carpet, and old AV system, I was more than ready to get off.

DL One on that 777 (may be pre-refurb) is not worth the premium IMHO.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by aero0729
Delta new 777s will have the smallest business class cabins on the planet. 28 seats compared to 50 on United and 37-45 on American. Lets also remember that they are using old stuff. Thompson Vantage XL just with a door on it. Its not THAT much better than their crap 767s. American believe or not is now the best when it comes to business class. Delta One food and service has also been fairly pitiful.
AA's 777s with the Zodiac rear facing seats are nothing to write home about and their good 777 with the B/E Super Dimond is only installed on 1/2 their fleet which matches the rest of AA's fleet as inconsistent, no thanks for me. UA's 777s? They are probably the worst business class seats in the sky with 2-4-2 and rear facing awkward seats, no thanks for me as well. Heck DL's PS is 2-4-2 (sans the lie-flat seat) and is available for half the cost of J with basically the same soft product onboard. Also the Thompson Vantage XL seat is MUCH better than the standard Thompson Vantage 767 seat with 23-24 inch width on the 777 vs 21 inches on the 767.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I always go 12A on the 777. More private service in rear D1 cabin, absolutely no traffic other than FA’s. So long as you don’t care about later service go for it.

also, 12A has a nice wall barrier that shields noise from C+.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
AA's 777s with the Zodiac rear facing seats are nothing to write home about and their good 777 with the B/E Super Dimond is only installed on 1/2 their fleet which matches the rest of AA's fleet as inconsistent, no thanks for me. UA's 777s? They are probably the worst business class seats in the sky with 2-4-2 and rear facing awkward seats, no thanks for me as well. Heck DL's PS is 2-4-2 (sans the lie-flat seat) and is available for half the cost of J with basically the same soft product onboard. Also the Thompson Vantage XL seat is MUCH better than the standard Thompson Vantage 767 seat with 23-24 inch width on the 777 vs 21 inches on the 767.
Ill take American Zodiac seats any-day over any Delta One product. I have come to really dislike everything Delta. The 777 seats are really the worst out there. One heck of an over-rated airline.
*skymiles stinks
*Food on Delta One is far below the standards of what I have received on AA/UA (not that they are good) Ive had inedible and even stale food on D1 on multiple occasions. Within the US I'm starting to get these ham sandwiches that remind of something that my Mom would have packed me for lunch in 2nd grade. Its for sure. DL is severly cost cutting on the top end.
*Oh yeah.. and while were talking about business class...have you been to . a proper Delta International J lounge? United is behind on Polaris lounges... but 1 is better than ZERO!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.