FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Stupid? 767-400ER FC vs D1 Seat Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1856352-stupid-767-400er-fc-vs-d1-seat-question.html)

tdowl5757 Jul 25, 17 11:23 am

Stupid? 767-400ER FC vs D1 Seat Question

In February booked row 1 seat, DL 1330 HNL - JFK, 12/30/17, 767-400ER, was Delta One.

Just got EF equipment change alert, now Delta website seat map (square seat icons) and phone rep both say seat is simply "First Class" lay flat, not Delta One.

Are there indeed two versions of DL 767-400ER or glitch? DL aircraft page shows D1 for all this equipment (76D).

Should I even care?

flyerCO Jul 25, 17 11:32 am

It simply a matter of being confused. Its lay flat for sure. Its just pulling up the old non-glitzed up version of the map. As for FC vs D1. This is a domestic FC (albeit slightly better service) route that happens to use D1 equipment.

iflyalexair Jul 25, 17 11:34 am

We took JFK-HNL return last year. The service had printed Delta One Menus and Champagne. I remember it being very similar to any Delta One flight to Europe. It was worked by the HNL crews.

tdowl5757 Jul 25, 17 12:06 pm

Right, thanks!

flyerCO Jul 25, 17 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by iflyalexair (Post 28605984)
We took JFK-HNL return last year. The service had printed Delta One Menus and Champagne. I remember it being very similar to any Delta One flight to Europe. It was worked by the HNL crews.

It's FC+ or D1- depending on your view of the glass. However its not full D1, otherwise you'd get lounge access for flying up front.

MSPeconomist Jul 25, 17 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by iflyalexair (Post 28605984)

Real French champagne from France? Or just sparkling white wine that the FAs called "champagne"?

GoAmtrak Jul 25, 17 6:26 pm

764s did used to have regular FC recliners. Anyone remember those?

tdowl5757 Jul 25, 17 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak (Post 28607518)
764s did used to have regular FC recliners. Anyone remember those?

Exactly what I wish to avoid....

A couple cocktails in HNL SC, perhaps even prosecco PDB; as long as it's lay-flat I'll be happy & napping......

flyerCO Jul 25, 17 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by tdowl5757 (Post 28607827)
Exactly what I wish to avoid....

A couple cocktails in HNL SC, perhaps even prosecco PDB; as long as it's lay-flat I'll be happy & napping......

Notice the used to in comment. All 767 have bern lay flat for a few years. Tge few domestic 767 have been retired, and muchless wouldnt have had the range to fly JFK/HNL.

ty97 Jul 25, 17 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 28607846)
Notice the used to in comment. All 767 have bern lay flat for a few years. Tge few domestic 767 have been retired, and muchless wouldnt have had the range to fly JFK/HNL.

Minor clarification: There are still a few domestic 767s not yet retired, but they are all 767-300 (non-ER). None of them are 764 or 763ER.

SLC-HNL still runs on one of these domestic 763s. Not sure what other routes they are left doing and I believe they are leaving the fleet soon.

tdowl5757 Jul 25, 17 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 28607846)

I did indeed notice, thanks...

MCO Flyer Jul 25, 17 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by ty97 (Post 28607851)
Minor clarification: There are still a few domestic 767s not yet retired, but they are all 767-300 (non-ER). None of them are 764 or 763ER.

SLC-HNL still runs on one of these domestic 763s. Not sure what other routes they are left doing and I believe they are leaving the fleet soon.

I believe ATL-SLC-HNL/ATL-ANC and ATL-SEA/SAN are the only regular 763 routes left. They will be taken off ATL-SLC-HNL and replaced by the 333 in November permanently. I belive the rest will be retired early next year.

cmx Jul 26, 17 1:25 pm

That trash fire sure is on the SAN-ATL route. It's quite literally falling apart on the insides. Can't wait to see it go.

MCO Flyer Jul 26, 17 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cmx (Post 28611315)
That trash fire sure is on the SAN-ATL route. It's quite literally falling apart on the insides. Can't wait to see it go.

Still typically better than the 3 old dinosaur A320s that aren't getting mods and won't be retired until December. I was on one a few months ago from ATL-DCA that is now retired and was in a C+ window seat and the aisle seat had yellow tape on it saying do not use this seat. Well a guy comes on the plane with that seat assignment and sits down in it when right before the door is supposed to close the FA tells him that he can't sit there and needs to move. Everyone had boarded and the flight was full so they had to go kick a non-rev off from the back and they put that guy in a middle seat in the very last row. That guy was actually staying at the same hotel as me and I was talking to him more and he told me that he was actually kicked out of FC the night before (We were downgraded from a 16F A320 to a 12F A320 at T-24)

ty97 Jul 26, 17 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by cmx (Post 28611315)

I've only been on one of these once, sometime within the past six or so months. Was flying RSW-DTW, booked on a 753. I checked in and was one or two behind where I would clear for the F upgrade, alas. When I went through security the next day, I noticed that my seat had changed, so pulled up the seat map and saw two aisles.

For whatever operational reasons, they sent a 763 (domestic) down to get us rather than the 753. I got upgraded thanks to the bigger F cabin, so a win.

Still haven't flown on a 753 though.