Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Stupid? 767-400ER FC vs D1 Seat Question

Stupid? 767-400ER FC vs D1 Seat Question

Old Jul 26, 17, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by cmx View Post
That trash fire sure is on the SAN-ATL route. It's quite literally falling apart on the insides. Can't wait to see it go.
Domestic 767s are the best birds in the fleet if you are flying coach.

David
Old Jul 26, 17, 2:19 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
I believe ATL-SLC-HNL/ATL-ANC and ATL-SEA/SAN are the only regular 763 routes left. They will be taken off ATL-SLC-HNL and replaced by the 333 in November permanently. I belive the rest will be retired early next year.
Looks like ANC-ATL is also on the domestic 763s. Kind of surprised that aircraft has the legs for that route but the seat map seems to indicate that's what it is.
Old Jul 26, 17, 2:59 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
ANC-ATL is only like 3000 miles. 767 can almost make it there and back in one tank.
Old Jul 26, 17, 3:09 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
ANC-ATL is only like 3000 miles. 767 can almost make it there and back in one tank.
The 767-300ER that Delta uses on international routes can make it easily. The 767-300 that is used domestically is a different matter. That said I suppose it's not much different from the SLC-HNL flight where the 767-300 has long been used.
Old Jul 27, 17, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by ty97 View Post
For whatever operational reasons, they sent a 763 (domestic) down to get us rather than the 753. I got upgraded thanks to the bigger F cabin, so a win.
How were the drop-down screens, cloth seats, and smoking section?
Old Jul 28, 17, 11:39 am

Programs: DL PM MM, WN A-List, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer View Post
Still typically better than the 3 old dinosaur A320s that aren't getting mods and won't be retired until December. I was on one a few months ago from ATL-DCA that is now retired and was in a C+ window seat and the aisle seat had yellow tape on it saying do not use this seat. Well a guy comes on the plane with that seat assignment and sits down in it when right before the door is supposed to close the FA tells him that he can't sit there and needs to move. Everyone had boarded and the flight was full so they had to go kick a non-rev off from the back and they put that guy in a middle seat in the very last row. That guy was actually staying at the same hotel as me and I was talking to him more and he told me that he was actually kicked out of FC the night before (We were downgraded from a 16F A320 to a 12F A320 at T-24)
couldn't agree more! I'm sitting on N313US and it literally is falling apart. I'm fairly sure delta would have at least done new seat covers by now if it wasn't leaving in Dec... but I am not looking forward to what this A320 will look like that many months from now. She is TIRED. I keep getting stuck on N310US, N313US and N314US. Had the "pleasure" of flying N318US on her second to last day in service.
Old Jul 31, 17, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by tdowl5757 View Post
Exactly what I wish to avoid....

A couple cocktails in HNL SC, perhaps even prosecco PDB; as long as it's lay-flat I'll be happy & napping......
When I was there last month, they didn't have any prosecco/sparkling wine/champagne catered. I had enough tropical cocktails while I was in Hawaii, so I drank a halfway decent sauvignon blanc with very generous pours from the bar attendant.

The Sky Club at HNL may be a little outdated, but the staff are friendly.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: