Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Targets Jennifer Aniston for Emirates Ad

Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:57 am
TBD
Original Poster

Programs: All The Programs

Delta is calling Jennifer Aniston our for her part in Emirates ad campaign. Delta employees call her message "hurtful".

Get a grip, Delta ....

Perhaps people identify with her ad ... because getting laughed out of the galley isn't so far fetched on a US-based airline ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4718950/Delta-hits-Jennifer-Aniston-s-Emirates-ad.html
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Why don't they just point her to the shower in the ad? Simple as that... errr.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:11 am
TBD
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knit-in
Why don't they just point her to the shower in the ad? Simple as that... errr.
^

ha!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:11 am

Such a dumb strategy on DL's part....it will only lead to criticisms of DL coming out of the woodwork. Sour grapes is not a good corporate look. This coming from a DL fan.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Mickidon
Such a dumb strategy on DL's part....it will only lead to criticisms of DL coming out of the woodwork. Sour grapes is not a good corporate look. This coming from a DL fan.
Every time I see a story like this, I am reminded of how inferior Delta is.

An actress in a commercial doing her job of highlighting the superior product of the competition is "hurtful" now?

Its marketing. Emirates has showers, you've got people's backs or whatever.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Mickidon
The Daily Mail piece notes it's a staff 'education' video. It's not an ad campaign. It's not a Twitter war.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wasn't that ad from almost 2 years ago? Little late to be whining about it...
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:10 am
TBD
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The Daily Mail piece notes it's a staff 'education' video. It's not an ad campaign. It's not a Twitter war.
Well it's on Flyertalk (and I guess a public news site, too), so it's a PR thing now.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold

This is the link to the educational video of Delta, where they are critizing the ME3 carriers and Jennifer Aniston.

Code:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yAv8L2ki8BU

Last edited by warakorn; Jul 25, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
.....grow up Delta. I love flying you but attacking an actress for doing her job in a commercial for your competitor is just petty.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
If Delta and employees do not like how they are portrayed (and what was incorrect???) maybe they should look at their product. There is NO COMPARISON between the two airlines in product or service. Stop whining Delta and shape up or ship out. Tired of Delta complaining about the ME3 when their product is so inferior.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Delta sounds like a whiny little kid. Hey Delta why don't you STHU.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by TonyBurr
If Delta and employees do not like how they are portrayed (and what was incorrect???) maybe they should look at their product. There is NO COMPARISON between the two airlines in product or service. Stop whining Delta and shape up or ship out. Tired of Delta complaining about the ME3 when their product is so inferior.
I have only flown Emirates once so my data point isn't that great but my experience was probably one of the best I have had in all my years of flying.

Granted I was in F on an A380 and I was the only pax in F (AKL-SYD) but from check in to transfer in SYD to a HA flight they did everything possible proactively to ensure an effortless journey.

I only wish it was a 15 hour flight!

There has to be a US3 airline that can step up to this level of service.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Way to keep climbing Delta. You guys sound like a bunch of whiners complaining about everything instead of working on improving yourself.

Let me understand this correctly, it is bad for competition because your competitor is better than you? Yet when you handed off pensions to PBGC, or get money for air service to under served airports, that is technically OK and you have no problems with that.

Right... pot, meet kettle. Better yet, pot, please actually function as a pot instead of just blowing steam.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:35 pm

Over on the EK board they're discussing Dom Perignon Rose 2005, now being offered on North American routes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.