Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use skymile points for gogo internet?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Use skymile points for gogo internet?

I can not find anywhere if I can use my points to pay for internet. You would think it would be an option, wouldn't you?
Am I missing the link or the way to do this?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:31 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
They did recently open up the possibility of using miles to pay for more things, primarily change/redeposit fees:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#moreways

use miles to pay fees: "Even More Ways to Use Your Miles"

Paying for wifi doesn't seem to be one of them though.

I do agree that, as long as they're letting people burn them for these other purposes, they might as well add internet to the list.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
+1. Would love to use some of my sky miles for the internet on board.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by jalves
+1. Would love to use some of my sky miles for the internet on board.
Not gonna happen.

Gogo money goes to Gogo.

Delta just let's you foolishly burn SkyMiles for junk fee's, over priced drinks in the $KyPubs and the like that makes Delta even more money.

Delta paying Gogo for use of SkyMiles - Nope!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: Skymiles GM
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Delta just let's you foolishly burn SkyMiles for junk fee's, over priced drinks in the $KyPubs and the like that makes Delta even more money.
The Sky Club drink redemption ratio actually is pretty good
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamiestr
The Sky Club drink redemption ratio actually is pretty good
I am confused. Help me out here. Paying full blown retail prices (via SkyMiles) for drinks that should be free once you have paid as much as $59 just to enter the club is "pretty good"?

I will take free or enjoy better drinks in better clubs (think Centurion or many other clubs).
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I will take free or enjoy better drinks in better clubs (think Centurion or many other clubs).
Really? Because I can get a Johnny Walker Blue *double* for 1950 miles with a 30% tip. About $19 is a pretty damn good exchange rate.

But you are incapable about saying anything nice about Delta, aren't you?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:11 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I am confused. Help me out here. Paying full blown retail prices (via SkyMiles) for drinks that should be free once you have paid as much as $59 just to enter the club is "pretty good"?

Whether the "premium" drinks "should" be free or not is debatable, but the (cash) prices they charge aren't anywhere close to "full blown retail" (especially compared to airport bars).
Old Jul 23, 2017, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Not gonna happen.

Gogo money goes to Gogo.

Delta paying Gogo for use of SkyMiles - Nope!
I highly doubt Delta pays Gogo the full retail value, especially considering the price of a day pass from Gogo went up to $19 a while ago but is still $16 when bought through DL.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by pvn
Whether the "premium" drinks "should" be free or not is debatable, but the (cash) prices they charge aren't anywhere close to "full blown retail" (especially compared to airport bars).
Especially considering a lot of us get in for free. But Rene would want them to serve JW Blue in the air for free too and if Delta doesn't, they are scum of the earth to him.

People really need to focus on tangible benefits, not stupid crap like early boarding or being thanked for status and addressed by name. Why wouldn't the complaint be...why isn't Gogo free in F/J? I can swallow that easier than paying for a premium drink.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
10K skypesos for Krug in the SkyClub? Seriously, take my SkyPesos please, Delta...

Very good redemption...
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
I recently flew UA for the first time that I can recall. (I was in F. It was quite good!) ... UA's WiFi could be paid for using Mileage Plus points. It was also cheaper (in $) than DL: 3.95 for 30m, another dollar for 60m, and I think, 6.95 for the full flight (a 1h40m flight EWR-ATL). Free WiFi would be nice ... free anything would be nice. But why, when some will pay ...
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bonoman
But you are incapable about saying anything nice about Delta, aren't you?
Originally Posted by bonoman
But Rene would want them to serve JW Blue in the air for free too and if Delta doesn't, they are scum of the earth to him.
Thanks for multiple personal attacks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.