Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why no awards exist between CGK-LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Question Why no awards exist between CGK-LAX?

I find this strange.

When I search CGK-LAX, I couldn't find any space for the numerous dates I searched.

However, when I search CGK-MSP for the same dates, I often find space at 40k miles one way with routing:

CGK-ICN-LAX-MSP

Is Delta using the married segment policy for LAX-MSP?

Would calling in to request CGK-ICN-LAX work? Or am I forced to ticket CGK-ICN-LAX-MSP?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Delta has been using married segment availability on awards for about 2 1/2 years.

I wonder if a problem (the problem?) Is lack of a published fare CGK-ICN-LAX that permits the carriers you need.

I would call to check availability on CI for CGK-TPE-LAX. CI awards should be bookable online but delta.com isn't always willing to offer CI connections.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:27 pm

Check the box to search for nearby airports and it comes up for CGK-XXX-LAX
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Check the box to search for nearby airports and it comes up for CGK-XXX-LAX
Tried that as well but no results.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:44 pm

Buy the flight to MSP. We all know LAX immigration/customs takes so long that you'll miss the connecting flight
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Lack of last seat availability, even for high tier elites, is one of the big laggard issues with SkyPesos.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hightide
Tried that as well but no results.
I a lot of times end up piecing something together. Recently did KUL-TPE (CI)-PVG (MU)-DTW (DL)-AUS (DL). A search for KUL-AUS would return no results. Married segments should only be an issue with DL/KL/AF flights.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Lack of last seat availability, even for high tier elites, is one of the big laggard issues with SkyPesos.
On Delta flights, it's very rare to be able to buy a seat and not use SkyMiles. It happens occasionally, but very rarely.

Delta can't force partners to make seats available.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by WidgetTravels
On Delta flights, it's very rare to be able to buy a seat and not use SkyMiles. It happens occasionally, but very rarely.

Delta can't force partners to make seats available.
No...It's not "very rare". I find it happens with frequency when the overwater segment is on DL but the intra (e.g.) euro segment is on a partner. The partner segment is available but DL's married segment logic screws up and acts like the entire itinerary isn't available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.