Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AF ticket, delta metal, delta flight -- RUC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Could I use an RUC under these circumstances? I poked around the delta site and it wasn't clear to me. Have an upcoming leg from JFK->LAX as part of an international trip and the lie-flat would be a nice way to end things.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
I believe the ticket has to be issued in delta stock for a RUC or GUC.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
As long as its DL coded and operated can use a RUC regardless of if on DL, AF, or KL ticket stock.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by flyerCO
As long as its DL coded and operated can use a RUC regardless of if on DL, AF, or KL ticket stock.
That's nice to know.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In these cases does DL take over the ticket and reissue it? To process the upgrade, DL would need to be able to access the ticket.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
What do you mean by coded? Do you mean code-share?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL coded and operated (or DL is the marketing carrier and the operating carrier) would mean DL metal with a DL flight number, NOT a codeshare.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:15 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I think if it's AF/KL ticketed, it has to be the higher classes YBM equivalent to use the upgrade certificates. Maybe there's a work around but I've learned best to do DL ticketed everything if you want to use the RUC/GUCs.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I think if it's AF/KL ticketed, it has to be the higher classes YBM equivalent to use the upgrade certificates. Maybe there's a work around but I've learned best to do DL ticketed everything if you want to use the RUC/GUCs.
In this case I'm flying premium economy on the other legs and it's ticketed into for-real W on Delta. I think I'll actually activate my Platinum choice benefits and see what I can make happen and report back. Thanks all!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I usually just try to do everything in one phone call, purchasing flights where upgrade space is available. If the agent seems competent, I let him/her worry about exactly how to book the flights and issue the ticket. Then I carefully inspect itineraries and receipts. Trust but verify.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In these cases does DL take over the ticket and reissue it? To process the upgrade, DL would need to be able to access the ticket.

DL can process AF/KL tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.